never be
forgotten.
NLogan's Retro Christmas

RETRORATING: 18

Masters of the Toybox

CONTEST WINNER!

I totally missed out!

RETRORATING: 17

Forum » Chew The Fat » Retro-Daze let's get healthy!
shakin steak
Here on RD we "chew the fat" a lot. Well, this thread is about not chewing fat. Do you do anything to bring up your health? Do you want to do anything about it? Do you think that's all a load of hooey?

I want to do more but I have trouble committing particularly to working out. Exercise for it's own sake falls into my "hooey" category. I do get around on bike and walking as much as possible. Even in winter.

Keep us updated on your health tips. What kind of exercise are you doing? Any food substitutions or diet modifications? Ask or give advice, encouragement, ideas!

ThatDudeintheHoodie
My body is going through it's winter detox where I drink more Tea and water and no soda. I've gone 3 days so far without soda. The tea keeps me from having Caffine withdrawl. I have a feeling late February and early march I'll start being more active and lose the winter pounds My goal is to lose 20 pounds by July.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I got the workout thing down, but really need to eat healthier. I don't actively seek junk food but will eat it if it's there. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
I drink water and eat fruit, so I think I'm doing okay.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

pikachulover
Let's see I was put on doctors orders to eat less eggs. I only get to have 4 a week. I'm trying to eat more vegetables. I buy those fancy chia juices at the supermarket. I exercise a little more since my dad crashed one of the cars my family had.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Being Hypoglycemic I'm supposed to cut way back on sugary stuff to avoid spiking my blood sugar...... My mother wants me to go on a whole diet based around it. Yeah not gonna happen. I just keep track of what I eat and how much.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
I eat too much bread. I just love sandwiches so much. And bread is good by itself too.

I have been successful at avoiding chips and candy bars. Carrots, and nuts and seeds are pretty good replacements.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
Ever try Dave's Killer Bread?
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Today was day 3 of me getting in 30 mins. of exercise and avoiding soda. Switching to less salty things and whole grains, fish, vegetables and fruits. Low fat dairy and such. It's not easy, but it is helping me feel better about my health overall.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Well the streak of not drinking soda was broken today. Though the reason why is understandable since my blood sugar was starting to get really low and needed a fix before it got really bad. But had chicken teriyaki with noodles and veg for lunch.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
vkimo wrote :

Ever try Dave's Killer Bread?
-end quote

No, I haven't. It sounds...killer. Is it as expensive in the store as it is to mail order ($23 for two loaves)?

One thing I should do is start using whole grain flour. I don't make all of my bread--not even close--but I do like to make it.

Vaporman87 wrote :

Today was day 3 of me getting in 30 mins. of exercise and avoiding soda. Switching to less salty things and whole grains, fish, vegetables and fruits. Low fat dairy and such. It's not easy, but it is helping me feel better about my health overall.
-end quote
That's awesome. I love salt also a little too much. But whole grains and fish and vegetables, that sounds really good. As for fruit I already have some at lunch five days a week. Routine is a big help and I would say that goes for all aspects. What are you doing for exercise?

Part of my problem might be that I don't actually feel better when I make changes. I cut WAY down on smoking and drinking but I felt exactly the same. In fact I got horribly sick about a month later. That really pissed me off.

Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: