You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Disney to do Star Wars episode 7 coming 2015 (The Force Awakens)
HarryCanyon

Last October Disney aquired Lucasfilm for 4 billion dollars after George Lucas sold it to them.

I think it's great news because George Lucas is no longer in control of SW/Indiana Jones and i believe he was tired of being abused all the time by fans for the prequels, the constant tinkering of the OT, Indiana Jones 4, forgetting his promise to release the unaltered cuts of the OT on Blu-ray etc. and i think he saw that People vs Lucas documentary. Plus his last film Red Tails was a flop in theaters, he decided to call it quits from filmmaking and retire so he can take care of his new family.

I'm glad he sold it to Disney as him with Disney company have been friends for a long time. Pixar was one of Lucasfilm's former companies before Disney bought them in 2006 and of course he was one of the first kids at Disneyland when it opened in 1955 and that he gave us those awesome Indy/SW rides at the parks including the Indy stuntshow and Captain EO.

Afterall Disney did wonders with other properties they bought like Pixar, Marvel, Muppets and Ghibli and now SW/Indy next. I'm glad they hired a BETTER writer this time and a BETTER director this time as well.

And soon we'll get the unscrewed with original cuts of SW on BD.

Vaporman87
HarryCanyon wrote :

And soon we'll get the unscrewed with original cuts of SW on BD.
-end quote
I'm also happy to see it in the hands of Disney. I think they can really take Star Wars to the next level, minus Lucas. But to get the original trilogy as they were before Lucas started messing with everything... that is a real bonus.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
HarryCanyon

Indeed and you glad they hired a good writer?

Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Here's a sneak peak at the upcoming Star Wars movie...  :>

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
HarryCanyon

LOL that is a good one.

JJ Abrahams who is more of a SW fan than a ST fan is co-writing with Michael Arndt of Toy Story 3 fame and lawrence Kasner who wrote Empire/Return and is directing as the script is done and this has a reunion of the original cast and a new cast to go with it. 

Not only that but Disney just got the rights to future Indiana Jones films now from Paramount since Indy is Lucasfilm property while Paramount still owns the rights to the 4 movies and i hope the new movie ignores the last abortion.

And you glad Lucas is hands off Star Wars and Indiana Jones this time? i mean he's a visionary and unique person back in the 80s and 70s but by the late 90s to 2012 he became too much in control and got quite lazy and do you think he screwed up Star Wars and Indiana Jones with the prequels and fourth movie? and that he's not a very good writer and director?

I mean i grew up with the old trilogy in the 80s and even saw the 97 special editions in theaters when i was 14 going on 15 4 times each plus i own the 95 widescreen VHS THX editions with the laserdiscs of original widescreen and special edition versions. I was excited since 95 when i heard in magazines and on ET Weekly show that Lucas was writing a new trilogy and couldn't wait as me and other fans who grew up with the original films were excited. In 97 in magazines, the internet and on TV they announced the name of the first of the new prequels "The Phantom Menace" and i was like "Whoa? Phantom Menace eh? i wonder what does that mean?" then when i was 16 i heard about the teaser coming up in the fall as i went to see Pleasantville to see the film and the trailer itself as i was cheering with excitement when i saw the trailer and even excited again when i saw it on the Bug's Life film. I've been waiting for a new SW movie since the 80s and i was welled up with a glow in my heart, i even saw the other trailers online months before the movie comes out and i was hyped up to see it and couldn't wait until May 16th as i was gonna turn 17. I remembered all the hype back in 1999 for it was the most awaited movie of the decade to the last year of the 90s, i was one of those people who skipped school to wait in line at the Cottonwood Mall here in Albuquerque to see the movie with me and my friends as we were hyped up to see it. I remembered people were like during the trailers, "go to the movie already" then everyone cheered when the Lucasfilm logo sparkled then you get chills down your spine with "long time ago" then the opening scroll came up with everyone cheering including me then the movie started. Then once Jar Jar appeared i said to myself "I got a bad feeling about this" and i was right, i was disappointed in the film but i thought if i go see it again maybe it can get better. I did that and i knew it was not growing on me but still the film was a bummer you know. I even felt the same thing when i saw Episode 2 in theaters as i said "Boy George isn't a very good writer" but Episode III managed to be an improvement over the last 2 as it was decent until that emotionless ending with the stupid "NOOOOOOOO" i mean Darth should had growled madly when he heard his wife died. And when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out, i thought to myself "This is the Phantom Menace of the series, George needs to stop" after i saw the movie.

And don't you just hate it when Lucas since 97 has been butchering, torturing, raping, mutilating, string up, quarted etc. the original trilogy for the past years on DVD and blu-ray? i mean they are all pointless like changing the ghost of Sabastian Shaw to Hayden, adding "Noooooo" at the end of Jedi where Vader is throwing the emperor off the thing, blinking Ewoks, Han not shooting first etc. and other crap like that plus he was too lazy to release and restore/clean up the original cuts as he never did wanted the public to see them again. But i'm happy Lucas is finally gone and away from his company, Disney should do the right thing with Lucasfilm by going into the vaults of the studio and unleash the original unedited, uncut, unaltered, unmolested theatrical cuts of the original films with beautiful restorations cleaned up from the negatives and back to the public on both DVD and blu-ray and we can all be happy again.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
It's sad that fans had reached a point of wishing the mind behind such a beloved property gone, but you can only toy with it so long before resentment sets in. And Lucas went well beyond that point with fans of SW.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87
Ben... that's hilarious.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
Looks like we have our first casting decision for this movie.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
The cast for Star Wars 7 is fully announced now.

The only names I recognize (aside from the originals; Ford, Hamill, Fisher, etc.) is Max von Sydow and Andy Serkis.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: