never be
forgotten.
What to Watch on Halloween

RETRORATING: 11

Hulkamaniacs

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Cheers
Vaporman87
Today (May 20th) in 1993, Cheers aired it's triple-length series finale. I enjoyed it a great deal through the years.

What are some of your favorite memories of Cheers? Favorite characters?

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

Mr Magic
Woody was quite hilarious.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

raptor
I loved Coach and Norm the best, though Sam was good too. I was an awesome show and one I have good memories of watching. I hated to see it sign off for good.
Quote Disable Sigs
insert Chuck Norris meme here
shakin steak
Oh, man. This show, in syndication, usually kicked off my late-night viewing growing up. Until it was supplanted by Seinfeld (just as with the original runs).

Such tight writing. So many great, deep characters, and the stories somehow managed to usually involve most of them, without falling prey to a lack of cohesiveness.

I know that the Thanksgiving food fight at Diane's house is held among the best moments of TV ever by quite a few critics. But I think my favorite moment is the time they "borrowed" a bunch of food and dishes from Melville's to have a feast in the bar. Was that Thanksgiving too?
Quote Disable Sigs
pikachulover
The strange thing is that I didn't really like Cheers. I've only seen about 5 episodes. I am a big fan of the spinoff of Frasier.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
You have to love the theme song.
Quote Disable Sigs

shakin steak
Just remember,
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Which love interest made for better television... Sam & Diane or Sam and Rebecca?
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
HarryCanyon

Great show! i loved watching this on NBC in the 80s and early 90s as a kid and watched and taped episodes in syndication.

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic

pikachulover wrote :

The strange thing is that I didn't really like Cheers. I've only seen about 5 episodes. I am a big fan of the spinoff of Frasier.

I've seen only a few episodes myself. I couldn't see what the big deal about Cheers was. I think you have to see more than a few episodes to fully understand why it did so well.
Quote Disable Sigs

AceNThaHole

Vaporman87 wrote :

Which love interest made for better television... Sam & Diane or Sam and Rebecca?

Sam and Diane was a much better storyline
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: