You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Corona Virus
vkimo

Hey guys,

Just wanted to create a centralized discussion on current events regarding the virus. I'm currently not working (Paid Leave thank goodness) so I'm just weathering the storm at home. All "non essential" business are closed. 

I plan on using this time to catch up on some reading and TV - How are you guys fairing? I know were a pretty graphically diverse group so I'm intersted in your take on this.

Benjanime

been staying inside mostly, thank god for SSI. aside from that, binging some netflix and disney plus programs as well as youtube, and of course gaming. it's also the perfect time for me to work on a new handful of articles.

as far as other people around here panicking over the virus, my stepdad went to wal-mart last night and got shoved around by other customers hightailing it around the store in a cart at blinding speeds.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Mr Magic

I'm still working and will continue to work, but store hours will be cut. 

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Rick Ace Rhodes

I've been doing okay. I've managed to get out of the house a few times. The places around here are still open for the meantime. I managed to get to the store early today and get a couple cases of water. We're stocked up on that for right now, but I'm going to have to figure out something on toilet paper. I am legitmately comteplating finding a clothing donation bin, taking some shirts out and cutting them into squares to be used as toilet paper.

I've spent the last few days writing, doing some reading, taking my dog out on longer walks. I'm looking forward to the release of Doom on Friday, so that should be exciting.

Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Vaporman87

Here things are slow with many places we would normally have to go to closed. You can still get fast food in the drive-thrus, and grocery stores/dollar stores, while short on items, still have much of what we need.

Our business is and will be open. People gotta have heat. So work is normal mostly. 

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
echidna64

Doing just fine! They closed down all the schools in the county except for the the school I work at which is on a military base so we are still open (for now). Everyday we get new info, we just started teaching online classes as opposed to a traditional classroom setting and are working out the kinks.

My immediate concern is making sure we have at least a week's supply of food at all times. There are some empty shelves in stores but I'm worried that if a "shelter in place" is announced then the hoarders will go nuts. 

Quote Disable Sigs
echidna64

Vkimo is a warlord in the hills of Pennsylvania, he can be heard reciting from the Book of Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo

I've stockpiled the complete Seinfeld, Samurai Jack and Saved by the Bell series, as well as the entire Robert Jordan Wheel of time book collection. As long as I don't get hungry, I should be fine.

Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie

Just got done with my last round of shopping for a bit, roomate stuffed the fridge with pizza so food isn't an issue. 

Got 2 Gundam model kits in the mail coming, a little backlog of games, Power Rangers Beast Morphers to catch up on, and anime. 

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic

When I'm not working, I'm online shopping, watching classic cartoons like "Snorks" and reading my Johnny Cash biography book.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87

I'm rediscovering the joys of Watchdogs 2.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: