You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Apu is being written out of The Simpsons
Mr Magic
"Magic can happen to you."

vkimo
I didn't even know the Simpsons was still running.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

I really have no qualms with this, because I have not been a Simpsons fan for literally decades. However, I don’t know how Apu can represent a racist stereotype, any more than Hank Hill does. Just because enough propane company owners may behave or interact with people like Hank Hill that it became the basis for the creation of his character, doesn’t make it offensive. Same applies to Apu. There are enough Indian gas station employers/employees out there that it became the basis of his creation. That’s it. End of story.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
blueluigi
Well, this makes me angry. I was really hoping that The Simpsons producers weren't going to cave to a bunch of SJWs that are offended by Apu, but it looks like they have. And the fact that they are doing it proves what cowards they really are.

If we're REALLY going to be offended by Apu because of his stereotypical Indian character, then why not be offended by OTHER Simpsons characters. Such as Groundskeeper Willy, and his stereotypical Scottish character. Or Chief Wiggem, who is essentially a stereotypical donut-eating police cop. Why is Apu so bad? The real "problem" with Apu isn't the fact that his character is offensive, but rather the people who are offended by him. That is 2018 for you.
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
has anyone watched this yet? he makes some pretty valid points on why this controversy is a load of b.s. and how we have to remember that apu is actually one of the better characters of the simpsons.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Rick Ace Rhodes
This meme was floating around Twitter when the controversy was first beginning. I think it's still relevant now.

Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Ajimbo
Leave Apu alone.  The character of Apu was not treated unequally or harmfully based on his ethnicity.  He is every bit a part of the Springfield community as everyone else.

The people who look at "Apu the Character" as positive/negative "Representation for Indian-Americans" are looking for ways to exclude themselves.  They are offending themselves.  To them, Apu can't just be himself; he has to be a political Ambassador for everyone in a specific ethnicity.  That is not possible or reasonable.

Do not apologize or bow down to these people because they do not act in good faith.

Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
Lame.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
shakin steak
The Simpsons should be written out of The Simpsons. Terrible show now. End it in 1999.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Rick Ace Rhodes wrote :

This meme was floating around Twitter when the controversy was first beginning. I think it's still relevant now.

-end quote

I don't get it. What is this meme? Who is the body? Do the two different shirts mean something?

Benjanime wrote :

has anyone watched this yet? he makes some pretty valid points on why this controversy is a load of b.s. and how we have to remember that apu is actually one of the better characters of the simpsons.

-end quote

Jesus. This is longer than the thing it's criticizing. Waste of time. Much like The Simpsons in the 21st century.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

Yeah. Surely this show has run its course by now. Make some room for something new in the lineup

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: