never be
forgotten.
Pizza Hut Promotions

RETRORATING: 20

Masters of the Toybox

CONTEST WINNER!

Forum » Bugs & Errors » (Update: FIXED!) Upload Video function is down
Vaporman87

Just wanted to mention to everyone that, since the move to the dedicated server, uploading a video is not operational. This does not apply to "embedded" YouTube videos, just ones that are uploaded.

You will get a "Success" screen, as though the video has properly uploaded, but the video does not show up in the /videos folder, and therefore does not work.

I am in the process of getting this fixed, so hang tight.

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

Mr Magic
That would explain why the Good Times episode I uploaded hasn't shown up yet.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Moudy will be working on a repair for the upload side of the video submission page.

Keep in mind, you can still submit videos via YouTube path.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I see my episodes are up.

DY-NO-MITE!!!
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi

thecrow174 wrote :
I see my episodes are up.

DY-NO-MITE!!!

Unfortunately, Part 1 won't play.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
"The requested video is not allowed to be played in embedded players."

Weird. I wonder why that was shown in that one video, but not in the others.
Quote Disable Sigs

AceNThaHole
I think that is something that is set by the person who uploads the video to Youtube
Quote Disable Sigs
Caps 2.0
What's the latest on the Upload Video function? I have a bunch of videos that I'm waiting to post, but only if the problems have been figured out. I know that 2 I submitted last week (trailers for "The Dirty Dozen" and "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird") didn't make the transition.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Caps 2.0 wrote :
What's the latest on the Upload Video function? I have a bunch of videos that I'm waiting to post, but only if the problems have been figured out. I know that 2 I submitted last week (trailers for "The Dirty Dozen" and "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird") didn't make the transition.

Moudy did not want to begin work on the fix until he had completed the Public Domain Theater.

Which, as it turns out, he informed me was indeed, finished. I still need to check it out and do some beta testing on it, but I think the project is complete for the most part.

So, he should be able to begin work on the upload fix once I have made the final installment payment to him for the PDT feature (which should be this week, though with me being on vacation still, time is hard to come by for these things. (I've been posting in the forums during the times I am waiting for my wife and one or more of my kids to board a ride).
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Caps 2.0
Is it okay to upload non-YouTube videos now, or is it still on hold until PDT is up?
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

Caps 2.0 wrote :
Is it okay to upload non-YouTube videos now, or is it still on hold until PDT is up?

Hey Caps.

Moudy is currently uploading the Theater content as we speak. After that is complete, he will be moving immediately on to the non-YouTube upload fix.

I assume the fix will be quick and painless, as I am guessing it is simply a mix up in the code when the transition to the dedicated server took place.

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the fix should happen quite soon.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: