You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » A Christmas Story (1983)
Mr Magic
This is a fun holiday movie with drama and humor. It also has that famous scene where the boy got his tongue stuck to the school flagpole and it has the line "You'll shoot your out.", which is repeated throughout the movie! What do you like about A Christmas Story?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Favorite part is the scene in the department store. Classic.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Derk
I honestly had no clue what Ovaltine was until I first watched this movie. As crazy as it is, when I think of this movie, I think of Ovaltine.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
More Ovaltine Please!!!
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
As I recall, I think the movie introduced me to Ovaltine as well.
Quote Disable Sigs

HarryCanyon

Same here when i was 5 it introduced me to Ovaltine as i enjoyed it.

Ovaltine, a crummy commercial? sonofabetch
Quote Disable Sigs
ProphetSword
Personally, I don't like this movie and have never understood what the big deal is about it. I'm glad other people like it. Everyone's tastes are different, so I'm certainly not trying to say the movie sucks or anything.

For me, though, it's just not the holidays unless I watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" at least once. Now, that's a funny movie.

So, if other people don't like that movie, what movie do they substitute as their "must watch" movie? That's what I want to know.
Quote Disable Sigs
pikachulover
I didn't see this movie until I was 9. I really related to it because I secretly wanted Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys, but they were hard to get that year. I also felt they were a little babyish.

The dad character reminded me of my dad.

When my dad saw the movie he liked it because it had that "old time" look to it especially since he spent part of his childhood growing up in the midwest.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
There's a TV-movie sequel. Ralphie's a teen in it.
Quote Disable Sigs

Derk
thecrow174 wrote :

There's a TV-movie sequel. Ralphie's a teen in it.
-end quote

Oh man, this 'thing' is completely awful. It's almost so bad it'll make you dislike the original. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
No matter how bad this movie is, I could never dislike the original one.
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: