never be
forgotten.
In The Summer Time

RETRORATING: 12

Dirty Dancing

RETRORATING: 16

Forum » Chew The Fat » Batman v Superman
echidna64
My reactions to the recent trailers and move updates have been mixed mainly due to my disappointment with Man of Steel's tone and character choices.

The problem with Batman v Superman is that in order to defeat Superman, Batman builds power armor and essentially becomes Iron Man. I would rather Batman take down Supes using his own wits and detective work rather than building a mechanical deus ex machina.  

Is anybody with me on this or am I circling the Phantom Zone? lol 

massreality
Totally. I was not a fan of the tone and darkness of Man of Steel, and it seems like Batman vs. Superman is more of the same. Actually, when it comes down to it, I'm just not a fan of Zack Synder's directing. He's done a couple okay movies (Dawn of the Dead/300) but he's more style over substance. I see how well things are working in the DC television series like The Flash and Arrow, and I'm just mind boggled over why going down this depressing/dark route is even being considered.

I know they took a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns, but as much as I enjoyed that book, I always felt like that Batman existed in a world of its own. I don't think that Batman needs to be the face of DC. 

It's a shame when I got more excited about the Suicide Squad trailer than Batman v Superman. But with that being said, I'm still hoping that Batman v Superman turns out great. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
As a strictly Marvel fan, I can't get excited about this movie based on the fact that it's DC, let alone the tone of the movie. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Tim Burton's Batman films, and I also was a fan of the first few Superman movies with Christopher Reeve.

I think Snyder is overrated, much like mass. And I am absolutely NOT a fan of Ben Affleck. In fact, I hate him. As much as any movie goer could hate an actor. I think he himself is EXTREMELY overrated and I also think he is a small-minded motor mouth with views regarding our nation that I find anti-American.

So yeah, this movie has not much for me. Even so, I will likely end up watching it. Once.

Also, Ben Affleck sucks.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
echidna64
Reviews are flowing in, looks like its Batman v Superman v Critics

Quote Disable Sigs
echidna64

Vaporman87 wrote :

As a strictly Marvel fan, I can't get excited about this movie based on the fact that it's DC, let alone the tone of the movie. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Tim Burton's Batman films, and I also was a fan of the first few Superman movies with Christopher Reeve.

I think Snyder is overrated, much like mass. And I am absolutely NOT a fan of Ben Affleck. In fact, I hate him. As much as any movie goer could hate an actor. I think he himself is EXTREMELY overrated and I also think he is a small-minded motor mouth with views regarding our nation that I find anti-American.

So yeah, this movie has not much for me. Even so, I will likely end up watching it. Once.

Also, Ben Affleck sucks.
-end quote
He also cheats on his wife
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 41%.

I wonder if those are their true feelings about Batman vs. Superman or if they're being trollish.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

eddstarr
I'm just an old fashioned kind of guy, so I'm saving my all for Ultraman.

Quote Disable Sigs
Linux_Sage
I think casting Ben Affleck as Batman was a terrible choice. I cannot take him seriously for any reason. Almost anyone else would have been better. I don't think I will be watching it.
Quote Disable Sigs
Wir sprechen zu viel, aber wir sehen zu wenig.
Vaporman87
Linux_Sage wrote :

I think casting Ben Affleck as Batman was a terrible choice. I cannot take him seriously for any reason. Almost anyone else would have been better. I don't think I will be watching it.
-end quote
Amen, brother.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Just from the trailers they have at least 3 story lines in this (Dark Knight Returns, Doomsday and Trinity) already it looks like a mess. I'll wait for the R version on dvd and Suicide Squad. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Every review has nothing but disdain for it. Essentially saying it's a soul sucking broodfest.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: