You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Holiday Fare 2015
eddstarr
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.

Share any pics or video or stories you look forward to every year.
For me it's not Christmas without a stop by Grace Bros. and the gang from "Are You Being Served?":

Mr Magic
When you think of Christmas movies, you think of moments like these.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Usually I make it a point to catch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special (DVD), eat a few McD's Egg Nog Shakes, catch the local lights, and a few other things that have become tradition.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
eddstarr
Hey crow!!!

You betcha - many of the holiday standards are also favorites of mine too. 
But when I look back at the 70's and 80's there were lots of non-holiday stuff that caught my imagination.

One of the most unusual was the Russian animated special "The Scarlet Flower", from 1952.

This is not a Christmas story but it's so beautiful to look at it may as well be a Christmas Spectacular. This is a Russian take on "Beauty and the Beast" so the story is familiar. I love listening to the original Russian version but the English dubbed version is also on YouTube. 

I was 8 years old in 1965 when I first saw this and I've loved it ever since.
Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
Vaporman87 wrote :

Usually I make it a point to catch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special (DVD), eat a few McD's Egg Nog Shakes, catch the local lights, and a few other things that have become tradition.
-end quote

Hey Ghost Man!!!
Betcha thought I was a gonner, huh?
Speaking of Charlie Brown, when my grandma was alive the dance scene was her favorite. Grandma and me used to roll with laughter every year. I still think for her everytime I watch.

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
How could Snoopy boo his master like that lol?
Quote Disable Sigs

mickyarber
With the family, it's Jingle All the Way, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Tom & Jerry's Night Before Christmas, A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, Garfield's Christmas, Shrek the Halls, and the Smurf's Christmas Special.

On some nights, after the kids are in bed, I like to pull out my dvd copy of Best of SNL Christmas and watch it each year, as well as the first first episode of The Simpsons...Santa's Little Helper.

One of the lesser talked about, and very often over looked is one of my favorites though, and the kids and I just watched it last night.  The Twilight Zone episode Night of the Meek.  It stars Art Carney of Honeymooners fame.  It is one of my favorite Christmas themed shows to watch.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you give it a whirl.

The episode isn't available on YouTube, but it IS available on DailyMotion.com

Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
mickyarber
If anyone wants to see it, but can't access it any other way, send me a pm here on Retro-Daze and I'll get you a copy via e-mail.
Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
Mr Magic
Watching Hanna-Barbera specials like Yogi's First Christmas and A Flintstone Christmas is a fave past-time for me.

And of course, I always look forward to 24 hrs. of A Christmas Story every year. 
Quote Disable Sigs

eddstarr
mickyarber wrote :

If anyone wants to see it, but can't access it any other way, send me a pm here on Retro-Daze and I'll get you a copy via e-mail.
-end quote
Wow, your embed fired right up for me. It looks like all my connectivity issues went away when I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. My new computer had Windows 8.1 and I couldn't even post here! Now everything I couldn't do before is real easy.

How about a song from Nick McKaig? He made a big splash on YouTube with his one man rendition of the Star Wars theme back in 2012. He also did one my favorite holiday songs too:
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
eddstarr wrote :

Hey Ghost Man!!!
Betcha thought I was a gonner, huh?
-end quote
Just about! But you know, life happens.
eddstarr wrote :

Wow, your embed fired right up for me. It looks like all my connectivity issues went away when I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. My new computer had Windows 8.1 and I couldn't even post here! Now everything I couldn't do before is real easy.

-end quote
That's great news. Makes life here a whole lot easier for you. Great to see you again Edd.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: