never be
forgotten.
Forum » Introductions Please! » Hi, I'm new here
Jeff
  • By Jeff
  • At 21:03 On 28 May 2015
  • 6 Posts
  • Where's The Beef?
Hi, I'm Jeff Steele, from Brandon, Mississippi (USA).

I'm 44 years old and have been a Transformers (Generation One) fan for nearly 31 years.

I listen to mainly '80s music throughout the week.  I have over 100 CDs (mostly '80s music)

I even consider myself fortunate enough to hear American Top 40: The '80s every Sunday (from 8 am to 12 pm [Central Time] on 105.1 The River [WJDX-FM]).

Mr Magic
Howdy!
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Hey Jeff! Welcome aboard.

Transformers G1 can never be outdone. Though I was more of a Masters of the Universe guy from then to now, I had my fair share of G1 toys and loved the cartoon every afternoon.

80's music is ALL I will listen to. Occasionally I'll listen to talk radio, but as far as music, it's the 80's On 8 on SiriusXM whenever I'm in the car or truck.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Welcome
Quote Disable Sigs
Jeff
Vaporman87 wrote :

Transformers G1 can never be outdone. Though I was more of a Masters of the Universe guy from then to now, I had my fair share of G1 toys and loved the cartoon every afternoon.
-end quote

I agree: Transformers Generation One is the best!

I watched Transformers via WDBD (in the '80s) and (more recently) The Hub.

I no longer have The Hub (now Discovery Family).  However, I do have all episodes of Transformers on DVD.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I have some episodes purchased on Xbox Video, along with all M.A.S.K. episodes and some Turtles and Silverhawks.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Derk
Hello and welcome!

Though if RetroJunk taught me anything, it's that you fear all new members.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
Wow, impressive intro!

In all seriousness, welcome aboard. I have a feeling you know your retro more than most. Looking forward to your posts.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Hi Jeff, it's nice to meet you and I'm glad you're here.

I never got into Transformers because I wasn't cool enough, lol. I knew kids who did, but I just didn't get it, somehow. I like to say I'm a nerd among nerds. You might see me mention this situation repeatedly. (I just wrote something similar in the Garbage Pail Kids thread.) My article "I Totally Missed Out!" is all about that so check it out if you see it.

I like 80s music too. Especially metal, rock, rap, punk, and goth/new wave.

I don't listen to radio much these days, but I do still enjoy broadcast TV.

I'm in Chicago. Welcome!
Quote Disable Sigs
blueluigi
Hi... welcome to my forum. Beware of Wallmasters.
Quote Disable Sigs
massreality
Hey Jeff. Welcome to the board.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: