You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro People & Events » People who dropped off the face of the earth...
Linux_Sage
The other day I was reminded of some actors who were in some of the TV shows I used to watch as a kid and was curious as to what they were up to... but there doesn't appear to be any trace of their existence after their show was canceled. It's like they vanished! I'll list off a few examples of what I mean:

Sheldon Turnipseed. I used to watch Ghostwriter when I was in 3rd grade and sort of liked it. He used to play the main character who first met 'Ghostwriter'. Yet no one seems to know what he's doing now. Last thing anyone seems to know is that he attended some University in New York. The other cast members appear to be doing things and living life, except him.

Joe Torres. He played the Native American character on Hey Dude! but again nobody seems to know what he's up to. I think I heard a rumor that he died of alcoholism or something but it turned out to be just a baseless rumor.

Does anybody else have any other good examples of this happening? Such strange behavior. I wonder how they manage to do it. It's like they shun technology now or something.

Quote Disable Sigs

Wir sprechen zu viel, aber wir sehen zu wenig.

vkimo
I've done similar research before. There was one of the cast members of My Brother and Me. I found him on Facebook and he seems to have fallen into regular living which I think is the case with a lot of these people. The acting gig ended and they faded into everyday life.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Judy from Family Matters never did stay on the show. They never did that much with her anyway. As she got older, she went into the adult entertainment business.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
There haven't been too many people I've looked up who didn't have at least some tidbit of info on their current whereabouts and what they were into. It's a popular topic for gossip/entertainment articles, and there are plenty of them.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
NLogan
The little girl off of Aliens, Newt. It was her first and last acting experience.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Claudia Wells... AKA Jennifer in the first Back To The Future film.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
Rick Moranis, actor who dropped off of everyone's radar almost 20 years ago, is now looking to get back into acting... just not in a Ghostbusters cameo.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
kidcoffee
Vaporman87 wrote :

Rick Moranis, actor who dropped off of everyone's radar almost 20 years ago, is now looking to get back into acting... just not in a Ghostbusters cameo.
-end quote
This may be the second best news I've heard all day, topped  only by finally getting my hands on some of onipar's sculpts. I adore Rick Moranis and can't wait to see what role/roles he chooses. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes
NLogan wrote :

The little girl off of Aliens, Newt. It was her first and last acting experience.
-end quote
She became a teacher.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
PeZZ!
I can think of a few people that dropped off the face of the earth that were former members of RetroJunk, Sense of Self, Captain Howdy, Nippy the Fish, Frito 23 and pirate ninja 6!
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Woody Woodpecker.

When was the last time you heard him do his trademark laugh?
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Go to page: