never be
forgotten.
Retro Thrifting

RETRORATING: 13

Bah Humbug!

RETRORATING: 11

Rad Retro Ads

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Retro Video Games » Majora's Mask 3D? WHY????
blueluigi
Sigh... okay, I'm going to rant here. This is something I've brought up before, but never fully addressed it. But now that this crap is happening again, I'm going to talk about it.

You know, there are times where I like what Nintendo does and want to continue supporting the company. There's times where I feel they're a bit of an underrated company that gets too much shit thrown at them. Then there's times where they become VERY greedy and unethical to the point that it pisses me off, and I want to give them the middle finger for doing so.

Anyway, I know I brought up before how Nintendo is always going the George Lucas route with their games. I even brought that up when Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland was released on the Wii U Virtual Console. What I mean when I say that Nintendo is like the George Lucas of gaming? Well, ever since the early 2000s, Nintendo has constantly been constantly taking a game they previously released, remake it, and disguise it as a brand new game by slapping the $50 price tag for a game we all played before. Why do they do this? Because of their fanboys. Unfortunately, Nintendo has what's probably the most gullible fanbase in history, and Nintendo knows this, so they go around milking the crap out of their fanboys. This is the type of crap that gets done with the Star Wars series. All of the movies in that series has been re-released constantly, all so the fanboys can get the "newest" edition of their favorite films just so the greedy producers can rake in the bucks.

Well, looks like Nintendo is once again going that route... and it seems that lately, they've been doing this the most with The Legend of Zelda series. First, Ocarina of Time, then Wind Waker, and now, Majora's Mask. Why, Nintendo? Why in the bloody hell are they re-releasing yet another one of their titles, and disguising it as a new game? Oh wait, it's because they're fanbase is so gullible to the point where they would buy EVERY SINGLE remake of games they already played, that's why. They're also the same type of people who constantly shells out $200 for every "collector's edition" 3DS systems that Nintendo always milks out of. Especially the New 3DS.

I know Majora's Mask 3D has been well in demand, but I honestly was hoping it would never happen. Well, it did, and I'm not happy with it. F**K you, Nintendo for doing this. I'm really disgusted by this. I know people are going to buy this, but not me. I refuse to support any remake Nintendo does.

Vaporman87
You feel strongly about this I see. You are right, though. They are the George Lucas of gaming.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
fans, bruh. the fans. this has been requesting since ocarina of time 3DS was announced, and even had an ongoing petition to make it happen.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
ThatDudeintheHoodie
I'm happy because I never got the chance to play the original.
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
think if of it this way blue, ocarina of time was one of the most popular zelda titles to date, as a matter of fact it's debatable to many that it's "the best game ever", much like a few others out there like final fantasy VII. so i'm more than delighted to see majora's mask pop into the remake scene, because it was overshadowed greatly by the game that came before it. i'm just happy that nintendo's finally gotten back in the game with consumers, and their finances
Quote Disable Sigs

jkatz
Huh? Am I missing something here? Tons of people played the original on the N64 and now it's available on a portable with updated graphics. What's so bad about it?
'Sides, unlike Lucas, the original version isn't impossibly difficult to find.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Benjanime
now that i think about it blue, i recall that you reviewed the original and DS versions of kirby superstar on youtube, and you took the DS remake very positively. so what's not to like?
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
Benjanime wrote :

now that i think about it blue, i recall that you reviewed the original and DS versions of kirby superstar on youtube, and you took the DS remake very positively. so what's not to like?
-end quote

Well, that's true. Though, at the time, I didn't think too much of it. To be honest, I didn't always feel this way about their remakes. There's actually another reason why I brought up this whole thing about their remakes, but that's a story for another day.
Quote Disable Sigs
Linux_Sage
Nintendo is riding on the coattails of their former glory. They've lost the edge they used to have and are pumping out their old work in shinier packages. It won't be enough. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Wir sprechen zu viel, aber wir sehen zu wenig.
Benjanime
errm.... have you seen the other projects that they've worked on? super mario 3D world, for example, that game was pretty successful, despite mario bringing in the furries, lol.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
I guess if you're talking about brand new ideas/innovations, they've had some successes. But they do tend to lean on their tried and true stuff a bit too much.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: