You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mr Magic
Is this necessary? No, it's not. Having all of that ice water dumped on you can lower your body temperature. And It doesn't end from there. You can also go into a shock and die. Do NOT take this challenge!

http://www.alsa.org/fight-als/ice-bucket-challenge.html

And all this is for charity? Seriously?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

ThatDudeintheHoodie
Well me being in Florida I'd be willing to do it along with it feeling refreshing and I was born and raised in the north so I have thick skin
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I highly doubt you'll experience anything beyond a sudden jolt. The effects you mention are typically  for being submerged in icy water for prolonged periods.

I do agree it's unnecessary. But it's a gimmick and making money for a good cause even though I think 90% of the people participating could care less about ALS. NOT TO MENTION the challenge is donate or drop ice on your head, which means all these celebs and people doing it aren't donating, opting for the bucket of ice water...right?

Wrong, considering the massive amount of money being raised they must be dumping the ice AND donating. Which proves it's more about the attention of spilling the ice and not the cause.

Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I know of several celebrities I'd like to drop a giant block of ice on... do you think it would count?
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Nobody wants a lawsuit, Vaporman.
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
What pisses me off the most about this challenge is the fact that many people I know in California are doing it. It is a huge waste of water, which is something California cannot afford to do as it is due to the fact that the state is going through the worst drought in 40 years. Some people state that filling up a bucket of water is not a waste of water. Yeah, one bucket isn't... but when you have thousands upon thousands of people in the state doing it, and filling up buckets of cold water just to dump it on themselves, then  THAT is a waste of water.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
This made my day a little.

Quote Disable Sigs
blueluigi
http://nationalreport.net/ice-bucket-challenge-contributing-california-drought/

Sigh.... you see? This further contributes to what I was talking about in my previous post. People like my self have warned people in California not to take the Ice Bucket Challenge because of these consequences. But do they listen? No.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
What're they thinking? Oh, that's right: They're not.

Quote Disable Sigs

vkimo
blueluigi wrote :

http://nationalreport.net/ice-bucket-challenge-contributing-california-drought/

Sigh.... you see? This further contributes to what I was talking about in my previous post. People like my self have warned people in California not to take the Ice Bucket Challenge because of these consequences. But do they listen? No.
-end quote

And to make matters worse, these people don't really care about ALS, I don't think they're even donating.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
As if California doesn't have enough problems, with the wildfires and all.
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: