You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro People & Events » USA Today/NatGeo: 90's The Last Great Decade?
Vaporman87
Today as I picked up my morning drink at the local gas station, I saw the most recent USA Today/National Geographic cover...

...and I found myself nodding my head in agreement. Though, I'm sure millennials have a different opinion, I myself feel like the 90's were the last decade to cling to some kind of identity, culturally. Everything for the last 15 years feels like a mix of nothing special... a homogenous concoction of soulless drivel, with the occasional reaching back to previous decades to get some kind of comfort or satisfaction.

Anyway, NatGeo will also be airing a special on the 90's it seems (much like they did with the 80's: The Decade That Made Us).

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

Mr Magic
And CNN is already doing a special on the 60's.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
@crow: That'll be interesting. Though, if I had to choose another decade to grow up in, it would be the 50's. The 60's were too "hippified" for my tastes.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I wonder if they'll talk about Smashing Pumpkins in the 90's special. The band that rocked the decade.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Jrs1991
Yes, of course
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
If I had cable I'd watch this like clue since that's most of what I do for articles is 90's. I guess I'll have to wait until this pops up online somewhere. (I have a 90's compared to current era project in the works hopefully to be out in August if I'm not too busy as unlikely as it's becoming)
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Yeah, I don't have cable either. I would have to wait for it to show up on Hulu or Roku or online somewhere.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
vkimo
I loved the 80s documentary. The CNN one is ok, but I've only watched the first episode. I'm excited for this though. I agree with Vapor, growing up in the 50s would be my 2nd choice after the 80s. Most ideally though I'd like to experience either decade from around 5-15 to make it count.

I'm not old enough to make a call on what decades stood out. The 00s just seem to be a lot of pop music and terrorism.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
It'll be nice to remember alot of the stuff that happened and also learn the stuff I missed when I was too little to know anything.
Quote Disable Sigs
SilverMagician
I was on this thread couple days ago and completely forgot about it. Whew! Good thing I was on National Geographic and saw the commercial! I loved the 1980s documentary. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Guess who's back? No really...GUESS, GAWD DAMMIT.

(Thanks for editing my signature...whoever had the power to do so lol).
ThatDudeintheHoodie
I missed it for tonight and got laundry tomorrow. Also SilverMagician Now I have to use my Kyubey icon.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: