You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Predator Reboot
echidna64
I am legitimately excited for this to happen! Especially with Shane Black attached to direct

If it bleeds, we can kill it

Predator is one of the few movies that left me hungry for more! I wanted sequels, I wanted to know the background mythology and the sequels we got were less than satisfying.

The fact that predators have been alive longer than human existence present some very interesting possibilities such as Predators hunting dinosaurs and interacting with ancient human civilizations.

Vaporman87
Hmmm. I don't know if I have any interest left in Predator movies. The last one was so-so. I do think it's interesting that Black had a role in the first one.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I think the only sequel I found amusing was Alien vs. Predator, so hopefully this reboot will deliver.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

echidna64
Vaporman87 wrote :

Hmmm. I don't know if I have any interest left in Predator movies. The last one was so-so. I do think it's interesting that Black had a role in the first one.
-end quote

The action hero movie is definitely a dead genre but the theme of hunter/prey is as old as time.

Using muscle and survival skills to take down an infinitely stronger opponent can make for a fascinating feature amidst the technology and superpower laden movies as of late.

However, it will have to be carefully crafted as not to rehash the prior movies and it's all gonna rest on the leading man/ladies' shoulders. 

Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
echidna64 wrote :
The action hero movie is definitely a dead genre but the theme of hunter/prey is as old as time.

Using muscle and survival skills to take down an infinitely stronger opponent can make for a fascinating feature amidst the technology and superpower laden movies as of late.

However, it will have to be carefully crafted as not to rehash the prior movies and it's all gonna rest on the leading man/ladies' shoulders. 
-end quote

Well said. I agree with you on all points. I wonder what rating they will go for, considering the violence of previous Predator films.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
The Obliviax
Wait, didn't they reboot the Predator franchise like 3 or 4 years ago with the Predators film? Now they are re-rebooting it less than 5 years later? Yea, that's not a good sign. I wonder if they will take another crack at those horrible "Versus" films...Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Blacula
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
The Obliviax wrote :

Wait, didn't they reboot the Predator franchise like 3 or 4 years ago with the Predators film?
-end quote

Wikipedia says it's a sequel following Predator 2.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

vkimo
All the latest ones were mostly eye candy. The original had the suspense that all successors lacked. The one with Danny Glover was just such a huge upset. I was waiting for Arnold til the very end haha
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
I'm hyped for this. But if Arnie isn't in this yelling GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!! I'm gonna be sad
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
@TDitH: Even if all they do is take the same scene from the original and stick it in after the credits roll? Will that still satisfy your requirement?
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Yes it would XD
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: