The Dog Days of Childhood

RETRORATING: 16

Being Bullied

RETRORATING: 16

Rad Retro Ads

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Dragonball Z
Mr Magic
As much as I like Dragonball, DBZ has more to offer: Super Saiyans, stronger heroes and villains, more brutal fights and edgier music.

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Not to mention the art style is a little more appealing (to me anyway).
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I've noticed. The art style looks sharper in DBZ than the style from the other show.
Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
i'll admit, it was appealing to me during my middle school days when toonami was still new in airing it, what with the non-funimation voice cast and all. but it started to become old hat on me once it got to the majin buu saga. to be honest i like the original dragon ball more for its quirky humor
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
pikachulover
I remember a local station used to show the Spanish dub of the show. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Benjanime wrote :

i'll admit, it was appealing to me during my middle school days when toonami was still new in airing it, what with the non-funimation voice cast and all. but it started to become old hat on me once it got to the majin buu saga. to be honest i like the original dragon ball more for its quirky humor
-end quote

Most agree that it should've ended once Cell died.

Quote Disable Sigs

Mr Magic Quote Disable Sigs

jkatz
Yeah, I'm one of those that prefer Dragonball too. Back in elementary school though, we'd play Dragonball Z at recess all day, everyday. You'd pull down one side of your shirt so that your shoulder was exposed, roll up your sleeves, and then scream KAMEHAMEHA! at the top of your lungs.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Mr Magic
I always wanted to be a Super Saiyan. I'd be a one-man army.
Quote Disable Sigs

Mr Magic
I just bought season 6. The Cell Games Saga.

It took me a long, long time but I did it: I completed my DBZ series collection!

Or at least I will, once season 6 gets here.
Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
if you're familiar with the steamed hams meme, someone edited it to play out like an episode.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Go to page: