You will
never be
forgotten.
Mr Magic
What events do you remember from 1995?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
my days at summer camp, having my first time visit to paramount king's dominion, and causing all sorts of trouble in the neighborhood
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Mr Magic
Sounds like you were a bad dude back then.
Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
living in a near empty trailer park, i had to find my ways of having fun, even if i was left with spanking marks later
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Mr Magic
Be glad you weren't sent to military school.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
In '95 I was beginning my first year of work in our family business (officially).

I also remember that a girl from Washington state flew here to Ohio to meet me face to face for the first time. We had met on AOL in a chat room. Such things were not nearly as prevalent as they are now... (I met my wife on the internet too, LOL).

At the time I met her online, AOL had not gone to the monthly fee model. This meant that your time online was charged per minute. I once had a phone bill of $600 because of this. OUCH!!!

This reminds me... at that time, my brother and I had purchased a subscription to X-Band, which was the only way you could play console games over the internet against people from across the country.

You had to get used to the ssssslllllooooowwwww reaction time of the controls to the game, since the connection was made over a 2600 baud line. I sure don't miss dial up.

'95 was also the model year of the first, and last, NEW car I have owned. It was a '95 Subaru Impreza LX that I drove for many years. It had gained 215,000 miles before being totaled by some idiot trying to steal an ATV trailer from a neighbor down the street, who lost the trailer when it slammed into the corner of my car parked along the street.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Me neither. Thank God my family and I don't have to put up with dial-up anymore.
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
The biggest thing I remember about 1995 is when a huge flood happened around my area. Thankfully, I lived up on a hill at the time, so the flood had no effect on me, however, some of my mom's friends and her kids came over because their house was being flooded. I don't remember much other than the water being turned off and the power coming on and off.

Also during the flood, I remember my family left the house, and we went on a canoe ride all across the neighborhood. The entire area was completely flooded at that point, and it took us probably 10-15 minutes to the next unflooded area. After that, I went on a plane. That's really all I can remember about that whole experience.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
We had a flood the year before. This flood destroyed an elementary school I really loved going to, so because of this I had to go to another elementary school, which I didn't really care about.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
@blueluigi

Oh yeah! I had forgotten about that. We had flooding here that year as well. It happened on Mother's Day that year.

My family owned a furniture store at the time, and it ruined everything in the warehouses. We cleaned up what we could and took it all to the local Civic Center and sold the stuff below wholesale.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Lots of tragedies that year.

• Oklaholma City bombing
  • Unabomber
  • Flight 965 crash
  • Selena
  • Windows 95

Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: