never be
forgotten.
Bah Humbug!

RETRORATING: 11

Timewarp: Toys R Us 1987

RETRORATING: 16

Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Academy Awards show
Mr Magic

I'm not really into award shows. About the only ones I'm into are the Oscars and the Kids' Choice Awards.

I'm interested who will come out on top in the prestigious Academy Awards, especially in the important "Best Picture" category. Do you catch the Academy Awards every year?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Jrs1991
I stopped caring about most award shows along time ago. The only one i'm ever interested about anymore is the razzies.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Yeah. Not only have I stopped caring about them, I despise them. It's nothing more than an occasion for egotistical Hollywood types to pat themselves on the back for how great they are. They can stick their "awards" where the sun doesn't shine.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Jrs1991
I agree about the ego stuff too
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
I haven't seen much arrogance from Oscar winners on past shows, except maybe from Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese. If they were acting arrogant, it may have been for comical reasons.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
thecrow174 wrote :

I haven't seen much arrogance from Oscar winners on past shows, except maybe from Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese. If they were acting arrogant, it may have been for comical reasons.
-end quote

The whole of Hollywood screams arrogance. Red carpets, photo shoots, magazine articles... all for people who contribute nothing to the country except a couple hours of entertainment and tax dollars. Yet, we look up to them as though they are some kind of heroes. And then, to top it all off, they hold annual events to award themselves for being so good at pretending to be someone they aren't in front of a video camera. I despise it all. I like watching the movies... but I would like them just as much if they were merely created by nobodies who did a bang up job getting Kickstarter funds to make their fanboy project. I don't like anything about Hollywood... I guess is what I'm saying.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
vkimo
Yeah, it's definitely one big circle jerk. Don't they have a section for non celebs that pretty much serves the function of screaming and applauding after performances and during speeches?
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic

Despite not winning for Best Picture, Gravity took home seven Oscars. No movie has won that many in ages.

And congrats to 12 Years a Slave for winning Best Picture and Frozen for winning two awards.

Quote Disable Sigs

ThatDudeintheHoodie
At least 2 good things came out of this 1. Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing at photobombing he did it twice and 2. One more year of DiCaprio jokes
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Much as winning an award that garners such undue attention as these do annoys me greatly, I heard a clip on Glenn Beck this morning that surprised me. It's possible that it was nothing more than meaningless lip service... but I still have to give props to Matthew McConaughey for this:

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
I just wait till the next day for the winners. Though I feel that even though Frozen won best animated picture which redeemed the Brave Fiasco last year. I think The Wind Rises should have won.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: