You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Take Heed! - Announcements » Second Annual Article Contest
Vaporman87

It's a new year, and that means it's time for the Second Annual Article Contest. A few things are different this year, so pay attention!

RetroDaze Second Annual Article Writing Contest:

• Articles should be at least 700 words in
    length.

• Articles must focus on “retro” subject matter (which, for the purposes of this contest, can pertain to anything relevant up to the year 1999.)

• No game, movie, or other product reviews. Mention of such things and their impact on your life are permissible. Just not straight reviews.

• Must be all new, original works that have not
    been previously submitted or published elsewhere.
  •  

The winning articles will be chosen by  2 guest judges that will be announced soon - then featured in the “Featured Articles” header as “Contest Winner” entries.

Two (2) lucky winners will receive (via email) an
Amazon Digital Gift Card valued at $75.

Entries must be submitted by 11:59 AM EST February 14th,
2014. Enter as many articles as you like. There is no limit.

Good Luck!

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

Benjanime
i'm afraid that the ac adapter plug for my laptop has been scuffed so i've been using my wii u web browser as an alernative for internet until i get a replacement plug. work's been slow due to the eather conditions so it might be a long while before i get to that
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
vkimo
If someone submits 2 articles, and the guest judges pick both of them, does the person win both cards?
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
vkimo wrote :

If someone submits 2 articles, and the guest judges pick both of them, does the person win both cards?
-end quote
Yes. The judges are only asked to judge on the the articles themselves, not the authors. Therefore, if each judge selects one of two or more articles from the same author, that author will end up receiving both prizes. If both judges choose the same article from the same author, then the runner-up choice of one judge will be selected as the second winner. The choice of which judge's runner-up article wins, will be decided by me.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
This should be fun.
Quote Disable Sigs
onipar
Sounds like fun, I think I have to carve out some time to participate!  :-)
Quote Disable Sigs
www.AnthonyJRapino.com
pikachulover
I have a question can I write about something that happened at my high school annually from the years I attended from 1999-2002.  
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Yes. If the thing happened during 1999, then it makes no difference that it continued on into the 2000s. So, yes.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
Paul Crane of Totally Oldies has once again agreed to be one our two guest judges for the contest.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
Our very own Miss M has agreed to come on as our second judge for the contest.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
vkimo
Who's the lucky winners? 
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: