never be
forgotten.
Blast to the Past!

CONTEST WINNER!

How I Got My NES

RETRORATING: 13

The Best Day Ever

CONTEST WINNER!

Forum » Chew The Fat » Chat rooms or message boards?
Mr Magic
When talking to someone on the internet, do you like using chat rooms or message boards?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
preferably both
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Mr Magic
I prefer message boards myself. I don't go to chat rooms as much as I used to. Part of the reason is because when I tried thinking of what to say, some of the people I've chatted with tended to get impatient. With message boards, I have all the time in the world to post what I want to say.
Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
i have a few artist friends that i talk to on skype, and i often use facebook chat
Quote Disable Sigs

Mr Magic
What happened to MySpace? It can't seem to compete with Twitter and Facebook!
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87

In the 90's I used chat almost exclusively. Now, it's only the message boards that I use (except the rare Facebook chat and in the Theater's chatbox).

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
well i used to use the IM chatrooms on AOL but then things started to get a little weird when random people would send me requests, even sexually confused people
Quote Disable Sigs

Mr Magic
@Benjanime:

Seriously? It's disturbing how the internet is plagued with the likes of sexually confused people.
Quote Disable Sigs

pikachulover
It depends. I used to like chat rooms, but now I like message boards better. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
You have to be real careful to who you meet in chat rooms. You don't wanna give out personal info to someone who might be a sex offender.
Quote Disable Sigs

vkimo
I much prefer message boards. Chat rooms are entirely too time consuming and trying to keep up with the pace of conversation can be taxing. Message boards I can select the topic that looks interesting, post my 2 cents and I'm done!
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: