You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Game shows
Mr Magic
What are some game shows that you appreciate?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
I watched The Price is Right, Family Fued, and Press Your Luck a bit growing up. And later on, I really liked watching Love Connection.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Remember when I told you about Catch 21, which is the game show Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air hosts? Well, now he's hosting another show called Spell-Mageddon.
Quote Disable Sigs

shakin steak
Occasionally I will watch Jeopardy. Um, I mean Jeopardy!.

I grew up watching Wheel of Fortune.

I listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me when somebody else turns on the radio for it, but I never seek it out.

I think I would like to watch old game shows made in 40s/50s/60s.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Speaking of Wheel of Fortune...
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Vaporman87 wrote :

Speaking of Wheel of Fortune...

About a year ago, someone made the same mistake of mispronunciation.
Quote Disable Sigs

Monkretro
there are lots i appreciate!

double dare, something temple??, starcade, where in the world is carmen sand diego, mtv's remote control

then there are a few i cant remember the name, maybe you guys can help:

1st one all i remember about it, is that a contestant woulkd place a pole or marker on different items and the pole thing lit up if they were right? i'd really like to know what this was called!

2nd is, all i remember is at the end of the show, for the final..they had to crawl through a nose, or go through a huge peanut butter and jelly sandwhich

Quote Disable Sigs
Http://www.facebook.com/rekollections nostalgia awesomeness
Mr Magic
I've always liked "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

The version without Meredith Vieira was better than the one with her. The music and tone of the show was more atmospheric, and there weren't a novel full of rules. All you had to was win money and use the Lifelines if needed. There was no time-limit for the questions (Except for the phone Lifeline.) and the show wasn't reduced to a half-hour, meaning that more contestants had the chance to play in one night.
Quote Disable Sigs

shakin steak
Monkretro wrote :
2nd is, all i remember is at the end of the show, for the final..they had to crawl through a nose, or go through a huge peanut butter and jelly sandwhich

Are you sure this isn't Double Dare? Or perhaps You Can't Do That on Television

I like those other ones you mention. I always forget them because I grew up without cable, so I only got to see them a couple of times.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
shakin steak wrote :
You Can't Do That on Television

I had forgotten all about that show. I did watch that one on occasion.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Monkretro
Yes it was double dare with the big nose! Heh

Quote Disable Sigs
Http://www.facebook.com/rekollections nostalgia awesomeness
Go to page: