never be
forgotten.
A Look at SNICK

RETRORATING: 9

Bah Humbug!

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Billy Madison
Mr Magic
It's an underrated movie, but it's still worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
"T-T-T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!"
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
shakin steak
I was thinking to myself, "Under rated? No way. Adam Sandler in his prime, surely this movie is rated just right" and I wandered over to metacritic to prove you wrong. And what do you know, the critic reviews say 16/100. OK, that might be less than it deserves. I added up the numbers myself and got 21/100. Not sure how metacritic calculates their average.

Anyway, I'd probably go with the New York Times, which gave it a 40 and said "It succeeds as a reasonably smart no-brainer."
Quote Disable Sigs
Derk
This is one of the few Adam Sandler movies I actually enjoy and have quoted a ton over the years. "You want some of the milk, sideburns?" is probably my favorite, for whatever reason.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
O'Doyle rules!
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
This was not only one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies, but also one of my favorite comedy movies I've seen as a kid.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
I pretty much know this movie by heart.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
Too bad his films deviated farther and farther from this crazy, obviously ad-libbed style of film.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
The Ronin Identity
I love Billy Madison, It succeeds at exactly what its trying to do... being funny, its not trying to be smart or critically acclaimed its just trying to make sure whoever is watching it is laughing very frequently. Sometimes critics are too out of touch or too up their own ass to realize a movie is great especially in the comedy genre.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
"When I graduated first grade, all my dad did was tell me to get a job."
Quote Disable Sigs

Jrs1991
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: