You will
never be
forgotten.
Perfect Game

RETRORATING: 16

Birthday Or BUST!

RETRORATING: 10

Forum » Retro People & Events » Independence Day (NOT The Movie)
Vaporman87
What have you typically done to celebrate Independence Day?

Here in small town Ohio we have a parade and festival with music, games, and food - glorious food. Then of course, fireworks.

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

arizvega

Vaporman87 wrote :

What have you typically done to celebrate Independence Day?

Here in small town Ohio we have a parade and festival with music, games, and food - glorious food. Then of course, fireworks.

Sounds like fun to me!
Quote Disable Sigs
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA....
shakin steak
I have been playing my favorite game for about two weeks now. It's called "Guns or Fireworks?"
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
What do I typically do? Nothing in particular. When I was growing up in NJ, it was similar to small town Ohio. A parade in the morning. And then I don't remember for the afternoon and evening but a lot of people in the field where the fireworks would be and my family probably brought a picnic. And then fireworks.

As an adult, nothing that I wouldn't do on any regular weekend, except amplified. That is to say, being with friends at somebody's house, and possibly there is a barbecue. (This Thursday "possibly" is changed to "definitely".) And drinking but that doesn't need to be amplified. And then fireworks. There is an official fireworks by the city, but on the west side, instead of going downtown you just go on somebody's roof and witness a 360 degree display all around you.

Life is good. Except that I have to work on the 5th
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
since i mostly lived in virginia during my childhood my parents and i usually traveled out of town with handfuls of a different variety of fireworks as we took them to an open area (i think around 50 to 60 yards of space) and we brought a cooler full of potato chips, hot dogs and hamburgers to have before the moment of setting off the fireworks.

since this year will be one of my first solo fourth of july days, i haven't had the best ideas. i'll be working on the fifth as well
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87
If nothing else Ben, I'd say treat yourself to something or some place nice. Splurge on games or pizza and Mt. Dew and have yourself a Back To The Future-A-Thon.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
It's been raining all around Georgia, which could put a damper on the fireworks fun tonight.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Yeah, it's pouring here too. I have a feeling they're be very little going on outdoors. Thankfully, the celebration here in my town isn't until the weekend. Hopefully it's dried up by then.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
So it didn't rain all night and the fireworks went on.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Once again, we are approaching the holiday, and I'm looking forward to the festivities.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
vkimo
Back in California there's always the county fair. Here in PA the fair isn't until late July.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: