You will
never be
forgotten.
The Mini & The Mighty

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Chew The Fat » VHS Covers
blueluigi
Well, looks like the VHS Covers section has been added to this site. I just submitted a few VHS covers right now, so let's see how this feature turns out.

Mr Magic
So do we just upload VHS covers that look good enough to submit?
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
thecrow174 wrote :

Well, the VHS Covers aren't up yet. There are a bunch of "pre-packaged" VHS Covers (courtesy of VHS Wasteland) that will give us a nice starting point for our VHS Cover collection.

EDIT: There are certain guidelines for submitting VHS Covers that are now explained in the FAQ. So don't try submitting any until you have read the FAQ and downloaded the template file contained there.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
I love how Realhank Hill has become the go-to test image for this site.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

shakin steak wrote :

I love how Realhank Hill has become the go-to test image for this site.

Appropriate considering my occupation. But... I don't think the fellas have any idea what my real occupation is. It's just a hilarious coincidence.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
blueluigi

Vaporman87 wrote :

thecrow174 wrote :

Well, the VHS Covers aren't up yet. There are a bunch of "pre-packaged" VHS Covers (courtesy of VHS Wasteland) that will give us a nice starting point for our VHS Cover collection.

EDIT: There are certain guidelines for submitting VHS Covers that are now explained in the FAQ. So don't try submitting any until you have read the FAQ and downloaded the template file contained there.

Well, that tells me. I only submitted the front covers as opposed to just the entire thing. Nevertheless, I'll try again once I have a full VHS cover that has everything.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
The VHS Covers section is now complete. Many, MANY, VHS Covers have been uploaded, and the thumbnails are now separate images from the actual cover images so that page load times are dramatically less. Go check it out!!!
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I uploaded a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VHS cover. Let's see how it turns out.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
Hey crow...

...it's a good scan but it's only 230 pixels high by 310 wide.

The submissions need to be 1471 H x 1881 W.

You can check the last FAQ entry for the guidelines and template download.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Does the VHS cover have to be from a VHS box from our very home?

The reason I'm asking is because the cover I tried to upload was one I found on Google.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87

thecrow174 wrote :

Does the VHS cover have to be from a VHS box from our very home?

The reason I'm asking is because the cover I tried to upload was one I found on Google.

It doesn't matter. All that matters is the size/resolution. It's okay if you didn't scan it yourself.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: