You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro Video Games » Super Mario World
Mr Magic
One of the finest games to grace the SNES! I was very proud of myself for beating it. This has to be the greatest Mario game that ever existed! Share your thoughts on the game.

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

shakin steak
I gotta like the Super Mario 3 better but Super Mario World was pretty amazing I will admit. What bugs me about it is this was the beginning of Mario games being about collect-a-thon (dragon coins) and being too easy (you can always go back to an earlier stage to get up powerups, making it through the whole game without even one game over is easy even the first time.) The world themes are not very coherent. And Mario flashing peace/victory sign at the end of a stage, was the start of his personality changing from cool tough Lou Albano style to stupid "It's-a me!" style. And this I will allow may be a personal failing, I always found the flying very difficult to control.

What is good about the game is it was huge, like every Super Mario game that came before. The graphics were awesome. The music was catchy. Being able to switch powerups and hold one in reserve, very cool. Climbing fences and switching sides was a good show-off for new technology abilities. And of course Yoshi, which gave the game a whole new aspect not seen previously in the series.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I wish my memory of my play with Super Mario World was better. Unfortunately I remember very little about it aside from the updated graphics and the excitement surrounding it in the gaming media of those days (especially gaming mags).
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
i used to know every nook and cranny of where the secret passages and levels were, but now, not so much. now i have the game on my wii's virtual console since my original cartridge had a dead save battery
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Derk
I just played through this game not that long ago. I've been playing it for years and have never completed 100% of the game. I've gotten close, but I always end up getting tired of it.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
I can't complete that world you go to after completing Star Road.
Quote Disable Sigs

jprc10
Super Mario World was one of my favorite games as a kid. The best Mario game in my opinion. (Yes, even better than SMB 3)
I just wasn't able to beat it back then playing it in my Super Nintendo.

Recently, I've downloaded it on an emulator and I've been able to finally beat the whole game. Great nostalgia from playing the game after so many years too!
Quote Disable Sigs
rogerxy
My favorite platformer of all times. 2D platforming at its very best. So much fun, so much to explore and so much to do. Will never get tired of this.
Quote Disable Sigs
The game doesn't start until you say YES.
raptor
I would like to see a Duck Tales-esque remake of it
Quote Disable Sigs
insert Chuck Norris meme here
Mr Magic

raptor wrote :
I would like to see a Duck Tales-esque remake of it

Keep your hopes up, and Nintendo DS will do one someday.
Quote Disable Sigs

arizvega
Super Mario World is still the best.
I still play my SuperNes at sometimes...
Quote Disable Sigs
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA....
Go to page: