You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Introductions Please! » Hey, hey! I'm back hoo-mans!
RetroSnob88

Hey fellow RJers (reference to back when this was Retro Junk lol). I used to be known as AtariMan76 (*sighs* Yes I was the one who did all those stupid Christian Rock articles like 10 years ago. I was young and stupid lol). Anyway, a lot has changed with me since I left. For starters, I'm gender non-conforming and don't even care who knows it. I'm just living my life as I d**n well please and if you got a problem with it, good! I don't care. I've also become a lot more snobbish as far as retro entertainment goes. I now mostly enjoy stuff nobody gives a s**t about lol anyway, great to be back and can't wait to contribute again!

Quote Disable Sigs

Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

~The chorus to the love theme from M*A*S*H (one of the greatest franchises of yesteryear)

vkimo
Definitely remember the username on RJ. Since you've went from Christian Rock articles to gender non conforming, I'm sure you'll find your niche here publishing erotic Family Matters fan fiction. Welcome home!
Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
Oh boy, you sound like a real party.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Benjanime
i wasn't expecting a colorful vocabulary of an introduction, but welcome.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87
Wow.

Well, first let me welcome you. We love any and all enthusiasts of yesteryear! 

Second, let me just tinker with your entire post...    ...done.

So, while I and pretty much everyone else here are no stranger to colorful language, we do our best to avoid it if possible because, well, I in particular have children who like to see what's happening on their daddy's website so... I would prefer they not learn anything beyond their current favorite words... poop, crap, diarrhea, etc.  

Anyhow, where have you been all this time?
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
RetroSnob88

Well, after I got blocked (I won't go into details about it), I disappeared to Fascistbook for a few years but still kept contact with a few RJers (Or Retro Dazers I guess would be the correct term now? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been ages) over the years. Eventually I started discovering myself more outside the internets, grew standards that turn a lot of people off and became more and more picky as far as old school retro stuff goes (especially thinking back to the checkered but interesting childhood I had and what I grew up with then) as well as using that snobbery (as well as my deranged sense of humour) as my coping tool through life, and well, here I am a decade later. Sorry about the sailor talk, I had no idea it's now not really acceptable (but then I've been gone from the website for like 8 years and I'm sure a lot has changed since then)

Quote Disable Sigs
Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

~The chorus to the love theme from M*A*S*H (one of the greatest franchises of yesteryear)
eddstarr
Awesome to meetup with you again! 
Maybe if I live long enough the whole "RJ" gang will reassemble here.

I've been drowning in my job at the Wa Dept of Education during the week and trying to do damage control at some fansites over the disappointments with Star Trek, Star Wars, GoT, Doctor Who, (henceforth to be known as Doctor "Who Cares") - you get the picture.

Right now I'm trying to get my friend Gary over at "Nerdrotic.com", to switch to decaf.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
RetroSnob88 wrote :

Well, after I got blocked (I won't go into details about it), I disappeared to Fascistbook for a few years but still kept contact with a few RJers (Or Retro Dazers I guess would be the correct term now? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been ages) over the years. Eventually I started discovering myself more outside the internets, grew standards that turn a lot of people off and became more and more picky as far as old school retro stuff goes (especially thinking back to the checkered but interesting childhood I had and what I grew up with then) as well as using that snobbery (as well as my deranged sense of humour) as my coping tool through life, and well, here I am a decade later. Sorry about the sailor talk, I had no idea it's now not really acceptable (but then I've been gone from the website for like 8 years and I'm sure a lot has changed since then)

-end quote
Sounds like it's been quite the adventure for you this past decade. It's always nice to see another RJer make the pilgrimage to this site. As time passes, you don't know what ever became of some folks. Hopefully we can help you by becoming another tool in your coping toolbox.  
eddstarr wrote :
Right now I'm trying to get my friend Gary over at "Nerdrotic.com", to switch to decaf.
-end quote
Gary may need a patch of some kind.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime

so uhh.... i guess he's not coming back lol.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87

Well, you know... he was back in the sense that he was just stopping by to say hi.

Benjanime wrote :

so uhh.... i guess he's not coming back lol.

-end quote

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic

"great to be back and can't wait to contribute again"

Well, so much for contributing.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Go to page: