You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Stan Lee has passed away at 95
Benjanime
The famed co-creator of Marvel and person to key the catchphrase "Excelsior!" is now gone.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime

Mr Magic
His wife died not too long ago. He might have died of a broken heart.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

blueluigi
It was not of a broken heart. Stan Lee's health was declining over the past several years, and he seemed like he was just about in his last years. When I attended Silicon Valley Comic Con earlier this year, he was there signing autographs, and his health was in poor condition. I remember there was one point where he grew so weak that day in signing autographs, that he had to take the rest of the day off, with nobody informing the people in line for hours, making them wait for even longer. He did get the autographs signed the next day, in a wheelchair, and people rushing to have theirs signed by Stan Lee. 

Very sad to see another legend gone, but at least he's lived a nice long life, and a legacy that will live on. RIP Stan Lee.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Stan truly was "The Man". I really hate this news, but as blue said, he had a long and prosperous life to be proud of. He will live on forever in our hearts and minds, and in the various properties he had a hand in creating. 
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
blueluigi wrote :

He did get the autographs signed the next day, in a wheelchair, and people rushing to have theirs signed by Stan Lee.

-end quote

He did it all for the fans. Great guy!

Quote Disable Sigs

jkatz
This is one of the few celebrity deaths that really got to me. I fully credit the early Marvel comics for making me a comic book reader in the first place.

RIP.

Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Superman
While we all had to know this was coming soon, it's still sad to see him go. At least he lived a long life and gave us many things we'll all always cherish.
Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes
It's going to be sad when we see all the pre-recorded cameos that have yet to be shown in future Marvel movies. It's going to make a usually funny moment into a rather depressing one.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Vaporman87
Rick Ace Rhodes wrote :

It's going to be sad when we see all the pre-recorded cameos that have yet to be shown in future Marvel movies. It's going to make a usually funny moment into a rather depressing one.
-end quote
I suspect they will start paying homage to him in each film with things like street names, building names, statues or busts, etc.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Vaporman87 wrote :

Rick Ace Rhodes wrote :

-end quote
I suspect they will start paying homage to him in each film with things like street names, building names, statues or busts, etc.
-end quote

Or they may name a street after him in real life.

Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
Stan Lee tells the story of why Chillicothe, Ohio (a town not far from me, and Ohio's first capital) makes it's way into so many of his stories. RIP

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: