You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » McDonald's
Vaporman87

As I ventured into town this afternoon for lunch, I caught a glimpse of the McDonalds sign, reminding we residents that they still have a special offer active on their pizza.

Yes. Pizza.

Our local McDonalds is one of the very few that still offer pizza. Not only that, but they have a full service ice cream bar with various flavors of hand-dipped Breyers ice cream and made-on-the-spot waffle cones.

Does your local McDonalds offer something out of the ordinary?

EDIT: from Wikipedia - Pizza / McPizza – McDonald's has also attempted pizza at various times, with an apple-pie–like McPizza and more conventional McDonald's Pizza. A line of personal-sized pizzas was first seen in the late 1970s in test-market stores near interstate highways around Milwaukee and Madison. In Canada (c. 1992–1999), the pizza originally began as a family-sized pizza that was brought out to the table by an employee and placed on a raised rack in the centre of the table. Later it was scaled down to a personal-sized pizza. However, variations have found their way into some international markets such as India (the pie-like "Pizza McPuff"). McDonald's also test marketed a 14-inch, round, traditional-style pizza in Evansville, Indiana, and nearby Owensboro, Kentucky, in 1989.[28] By 1991, the McDonald's test markets for pizza had grown to over 500 McDonald's locations before the pizza test was placed on hold.[29] Pizza was discontinued in most restaurants* by 2000. The reason for eliminating the pizza from the menu was that the time to cook a pizza took 11 minutes, and McDonalds wanted to keep its reputation for fast service.

*Emphasis mine.

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

Vaporman87
I love how people make a name for themselves by slamming McDonald's for their food, ingredients, etc. as though they are somehow deceiving us. Like we as a society are victims of some crime foisted on us by McDonald's. 

If you don't know by now the way things are done at McDonald's, you're a hopeless individual. Like this guy.

As you can see, the man takes the opportunity to totally destroy McDonald's, essentially blaming the obesity epidemic on them and their ilk. Seriously, whatever happened to personal responsibility? Why in every facet of life do we feel so compelled to point the finger at EVERYONE but the person who pulled the trigger, or fed their child the food, or whatever the issue may be? I turn to (as I often do on matters of life in general) to Jim Gaffigan for insight into this:

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
echidna64
Be careful... that's how Teen Angel died

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
In Pulp Fiction, John Travolta mentioned in the famous "Royale With Cheese" story that you could buy a glass of beer at McDonald's in Paris. I don't know if that's true or not.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

ThatDudeintheHoodie
As much as I like Burger King. Mcdonalds has always been a part of my childhood. I'll admit that I have gotten happy meals from time to time.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Quote Disable Sigs
DoctorRyan
And when did McDonald's go GQ on me???
Quote Disable Sigs

For more on my journey: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/

Newest Article: Doctor Ryan Plays: Ultima I:
ThatDudeintheHoodie
@Ryan Since Japan
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Alright, this is driving me nuts here.

My wife and I have looked at this image on the side of the most recent Happy Meal box purchased for our kids, and I can only find 7 differences no matter how hard I look. Someone show me what I'm missing here before I go insane.

As you can see, I have numbered the differences we can find. The only thing I can figure is that they are counting the eye color difference as two instead of one (because of two eyes), which would be stupid really. Really McDonald's? Really?
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
I can't even tell what difference #6 is...
Meanwhile I am struck by the awfulness of that.  #1, what even is that?  A cloud of pink smoke?  From where?   And he's gripping the NEW Yoplait® GoGURT™ Strawberry Yogurt through the back of his hand somehow.

Wait, is it supposed to be a hat made of yogurt sitting just on the back of his head (so as not to cover up the M logo handle?

I am very angry at the person who made that image.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
He has a yogurt hat? Oh, he's lost it.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Go to page: