Being Bullied

RETRORATING: 16

1990 - The Year Santa Died

RETRORATING: 13

Sleepovers

OFFICIAL

Forum » Chew The Fat » Live-Action Aladdin Remake
Superman
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/aladdin-will-smith-naomi-scott-jasmine-cast-mena-massoud-d23-1202496767/

The cast of Disney's live-action Aladdin remake has been announced. Apparently, Will Smith will be playing the Genie.

Vaporman87
Oh brother. Will Smith? Really? Ugh. I'm so tired of Will Smith.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I think Norm MacDonald would've made a better choice for Genie. He did an excellent job voicing the genie from Fairly Oddparents. 
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
i honestly don't think anyone can replace a role as great as robin williams.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Superman
Benjanime wrote :

i honestly don't think anyone can replace a role as great as robin williams.
-end quote

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I think the movie might be better off if Will Smith makes the part his own rather than attempting to recreate what Robin Williams brought to the role. I just don't think what Robin Williams did can be replicated.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Superman wrote :
I think the movie might be better off if Will Smith makes the part his own rather than attempting to recreate what Robin Williams brought to the role.
-end quote
But that's just it... I know what Will Smith will do to make it his own, and I know I'm not going to like it.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Superman
Vaporman87 wrote :

Superman wrote :
I think the movie might be better off if Will Smith makes the part his own rather than attempting to recreate what Robin Williams brought to the role.
-end quote
But that's just it... I know what Will Smith will do to make it his own, and I know I'm not going to like it.
-end quote

Truthfully, I have a hard time seeing myself loving what he does with it no matter what it is he does. If he tries to imitate Robin Williams, he'll pale in comparison to Robin's performance. If he makes the role his own, it'll still most likely not be as good as Robin's performance, but I personally find that to be the lesser of two evils.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
A teaser for the film has appeared online:

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
still not sure how i feel about will smith being the genie, after watching shark tale i think you'll get where i'm coming from.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
jkatz
They should've brought back Hank Azaria to be the Genie. He was the voice in the tv cartoon and it was actually a pretty good Robin Williams impression.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
blueluigi
That was Dan Castellaneta that voiced the Genie in the tv show. He also voiced the Genie in Return of Jafar, Nasiria's Revenge, and Kingdom Hearts I and II.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: