You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » the mandela effect
comic_book_fan
i hate to do this to you guys and i doubt i have to explain what this is  but if i do let me know .
i have a few of these  i remember berenstein bears and sex in the city  and tons more but the biggest hit for me was the Lindbergh baby  i thought it was never found  i remember countless jokes from the simpsons and married with children  all makeing jokes that implied this i also remember it being on a countdown i watched also on fox around the end of 1999 about  the biggest mysteries of the 20th century  where it made the list because it still wasn't solved yet.
so do you guys have any.

Quote Disable Sigs

'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'

eddstarr
The Mandela Effect.

This is very cool CBF. I ran into the Mandela Effect as a member of RetroJunk when I tried to link with "The Berenstain Bears" video clip. I typed the name as "Berenstein Bears" and Google auto-correct jumped in.

I was trying to convince the RetroJunk crowd that the CBS 1986 Berenstain Bears were waay cooler than the PBS version.of the early 2000's.

The PBS Berenstain Bears are too "sweet" for my taste while the 80's version had better storylines and character development.

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
CBS - SatAM - 1986/1987

Quote Disable Sigs
comic_book_fan
yeah eddy i agree that the 80's version was better but that's pretty much par for the course between cartoons done in the 80's and 90's and there later remakes even though the current tmnt and alvin and the chimpmunks are both great still don't hold a candle to there 80's versions.

and yeah i have been looking at these for a little over a year but first noticed them in 2007 i came home  and noticed the berenstein  and the sex in the city  ones  on the same day and just wrote it off as lousy memory  because i never watched sex in the city and hadn't watched berenstein bears in years.
what are some others you noticed  thanks to the angry video game nerd i noticed one from the 89 batman movie i remember the joker's face being on the money he dropped it isn't anymore.
Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
What gets me is why would I think "Jiffy Peanut Butter" when I know it's "JIFF Peanut Butter". I even remember the TV ads, "that's why choosy mothers choose JIFF".

And still I keep seeing "Jiffy" in my mind. Really strange  
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

I was convinced that the male singer in Roxette was the lead, and the female was secondary vocals. My brother and I used to argue about that all the time.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
eddstarr
Vaporman87 wrote :

I was convinced that the male singer in Roxette was the lead, and the female was secondary vocals. My brother and I used to argue about that all the time.

-end quote
The internet saved me since I'm really good at "knowing things that are false". But disagreeing on facts made growing up in the 60's and 70's so much fun - fighting over who is right can make your day!!!
Quote Disable Sigs
comic_book_fan
i remember the ghost hunters show used to be called tapps  also.
and i don't remember a gun in the wizard of oz either.
and i remember  hold on  in the song in the air to night.
and i remember dolly having braces
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I remember the gun in Oz. Tin Man had it when they were going through the forest I think.

I remember watching the trailer for the movie, Fly Away Home as a kid, but the trailer referred to the movie as Fly Home. For years I silently debated on why the name was changed, or if it even was. Then after seeing this thread I did some Googling and BOOM!

Turns out if you had Jumanji on VHS (I did) then the movie was called by its old title. Nice to know I'm not crazy
Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
OMG!!!

I've watched, "The Wizard of Oz", all my life and I NEVER noticed the Scarecrow with a Gun!

Quote Disable Sigs
comic_book_fan
any x-men evolution fans here i have been re watching this series i watched it when it first came  out and i have watched the whole series at least 4 times and i don't remember mystique wearing this  costume in evolution but now she wears it most of the series 
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: