RETRORATING: 30

vkimo's Christmas Special

CONTEST WINNER!

A Look at SNICK

RETRORATING: 9

Forum » Chew The Fat » Playlist for Guardians of the Galaxy-2
eddstarr

What's Chris Pratt's problem?
With only a couple of weeks left before theater release, Mr. "Guardian" won't give any of my 70's music ideas a fair hearing.

You guys know that the "Guardian" franchise is an excellent platform for classic 70's tunes but also less well known music that could find new life with movie fans - if only somebody would listen to me!

Please share your playlist ideas for "Guardians of the Galaxy-2"

I would like to suggest a disco version of the song "Que Sera Sera" by The Raes, a husband and wife singing duo from 1977.

If you've never heard this before, tell me what you think:

massreality
I think Baby Come Back by Player and Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac would work great.
Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
YES!

Those are classic 70's rock - exactly what Quill's mom wanted him to have - always. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I would recommend Sausalito Summernight.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
eddstarr
Vaporman, you mean the Diesel song?

Now that's a tune so good you can get lost in it. Good enough to sample in a movie like Guardians 2.

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
How about 10cc?

If this ain't "Guardian" material I'll eat a Bug!

Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
Can't go wrong with some America.

Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
eddstarr
jkatz wrote :

Can't go wrong with some America.

-end quote

"alligators/lizards in the air" -  jkatz - you have made my Day !
A lotta late night goings-on in my college days, with "America" playing in the background - sweet !

Maybe I can still meet Quill's mom. She and I already have a music connection.

Let me know what you guys think about this tune:

From the hot, hot Summer of 1970 - the band is called, "Alive N' Kickin'" - the song is "Tighter, Tighter"

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr

Come on Quill, errr Star Lord- ya gotta give at least one song here a little consideration.

OK how about this one? Can you guys believe this is from 1977?

Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
Well, eddstar, it looks like you should've harassed James Gunn a bit more- behold, the track list:
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
eddstarr
Glen Campbell? - "Southern Nights"???

Looking Glass  - "Brandy" (Ohhh pleease)

Ya know jkats - our list is better 
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: