You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro Video Games » Gamecube
Rick Ace Rhodes
Over the weekend when I went back home to my parents house, I discovered my old Gamecube sitting on a shelf in my room that I hadn't checked on for years. What's everyone's thoughts on this console? I have such fond memories of playing games like Mario Party with my friends, or sitting on my bed and playing Super Mario Sunshine while my little sister watched me.

Quote Disable Sigs

*Insert funny signature here*

Benjanime Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87
GameCube was a good console. Not my favorite, and a bit forgettable, but still good. I wish some of the games that made a splash on it would either get a sequel or a remake on today's consoles... like Eternal Darkness.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Linux_Sage
Never had a Gamecube. Was never really any games on there I wanted. I stuck to Playstation at the time.
Quote Disable Sigs
Wir sprechen zu viel, aber wir sehen zu wenig.
Superman
I love my Gamecube and still play it regularly. The Mario Party games and Luigi's Mansion are my favorite games on the system.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
I was so busy playing PS2 when these were being sold.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

vkimo
The GameCube was my last home console that I played like a kid would. I played through Metroid Prime even though it was probably the most uncomfortable time I've ever spent with a game. From the overall mood of isolation and loneliness to the incredibly stressful boss battles where you'd have to make it back to a save station before being killed by a lesser enemy and have to start over. Plus I discovered I get motion sickness playing first person shooters.

I got a ton of flack for it in high school. The Cube was seen as a kids toy while the Xbox and PS2 were for the "mature" gamers.

I loved the Cube, it was full of innocence and wonder. My brother would watch me play Animal Crossing for hours as I'd plant flowers, go fishing and buy supplies. I loved the scenery in Pikmin and achieved a level of art with my SSB Melee skills unheard.

In Nightfire we'd set a bot at the highest level and my brother, nephew and I would snipe him from rooftops as he scrambled around. Good times
Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes
vkimo wrote :
I played through Metroid Prime even though it was probably the most uncomfortable time I've ever spent with a game. From the overall mood of isolation and loneliness to the incredibly stressful boss battles where you'd have to make it back to a save station before being killed by a lesser enemy and have to start over. Plus I discovered I get motion sickness playing first person shooters.
-end quote
The Metroid Prime series was one of the hardest video game trilogy I ever had to play. It took me a year and a half just to beat Corruption, and I never even finished the first one or Echoes. I can't even count the amount of times I raged quit over these games.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Benjanime
the gamecube had the best super smash bros. game ever. but that's just my opinion
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
jkatz
I didn't have a gamecube but my neighbor did. I liked Pikmin, Mario Party, and of course, SSB.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
comic_book_fan
gamecube was awesome i mean playstation 2 was  the winner of that generation of consoles my brother had a 
ps2 my best friend had an x-box and a ps2  and i had the gamecube.  the x-box and gamecube had better sports games and x-men legends 1 and 2 for gamecube were my favorite games of all time but playsatation 2 had the best assortment of games and best fighting games  all though the gamecube was very close in that regard 
i think it was a close 2nd  if not outright tied with the ps2  but to me the x-box was a distant 3rd .
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
Go to page: