You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Nostalgia Fest
Vaporman87
I've been curious about this event since I first found out about it a few months ago. At first, I kind of wondered if it was just a pipe dream of some group of guys that was started and then would never be followed through on. But recently I've had some evidence of the contrary come to light, most notably through their Facebook page.

I am going to be contacting one of the organizers soon to get more details on the event, the guests, and the atmosphere they're going for. Perhaps we'll sponsor it and get in on the ground level (this will be the first year of the event).

If this actually comes together and is going to be safe for families (they are also having a beer festival along with it, so I'm not sure how their planning to keep them separate so that there aren't people getting hammered amongst the random Joe Retro and his family), then it looks to be pretty awesome. Just look at the guest list on their site.

Begs the question... Meetup Part 2?

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

ThatDudeintheHoodie
Looks far out enough for me to do it since I move to Texas this weekend. Count me in! 
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Luckily I prefer liquor, so beer and wine does not interest me. But my guess is that there will be tests done on people who try to get into the event. 
Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
If I may be so bold, Vapor, I think your worrying about there being alcohol is unwarranted. My town has an arts festival every summer that serves beer and has a kid's section, and there's never once been an incident of someone "getting hammered" around kids. Of course, that might be because the price per pint is stupidly expensive...

Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
jkatz wrote :

If I may be so bold, Vapor, I think your worrying about there being alcohol is unwarranted. My town has an arts festival every summer that serves beer and has a kid's section, and there's never once been an incident of someone "getting hammered" around kids. Of course, that might be because the price per pint is stupidly expensive...

-end quote
Probably the case here as well. 
Quote Disable Sigs
echidna64
Wow what a great lineup! Meeting Gary Busey would be a mind trip. 

As for Tia Carrere-

Quote Disable Sigs
mickyarber

Looks pretty cool. I'd be down for another meet up. Would love to the guys again.

Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
mickyarber
The Fan Boy Expo in Knoxville TN is looking pretty cool this year too.  June 23-25

The cast of CHiPs reunite!  Ponch, John, and Sgt. Joseph Getraer!
Robocop!  Peter Weller
Loni Anderson!
Sting!
Gene Simmons! hosting the Gene Simmons Experience
Scott Steiner
Kurt Angle
Amy Jo Johnson, the original Pink Power Ranger
Jason David Frank, the original Green Ranger
Paul Blake aka Greedo from Star Wars:  A New Hope!
George Lowe...the voice of Space Ghost
Tom Cook...animator on He-Man, She-Ra, Thundarr, Superfriends, and Smurfs!

With comics, games, toys, Costume Contest, Panels, gaming contests, and more.

This is only a 2 hour drive for me, so the family and I will probably be hitting this up when it rolls around.
Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
jkatz
Gosh Dangit I wish I got to meet Space Ghost.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Superman
This looks like a cool event. I'd love to meet Tia Carrere.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I'm definitely down and conveniently located to me as well. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: