You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Zootopia
Mr Magic
In the words of the Friends on the Other Side song from The Princess and the Frog, "Are you ready?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2948356/

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Caps 2.0
I am. I'm a tremendous fan of Disney movies, and I feel that their animated films since "Tangled" have been a new era of classics. I'm looking forward to this one. My only qualm is that, as it's a buddy cop movie set in the world of animals, that it would've had more voice-over cast members who did those types of movies in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Despite that, though, I'll still be seeing it, and I'll enjoy it.
Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
Now that is what I call a trailer.  No matter how many iterations of the whole "animal civilization" story I'm shown each version has a unique take on the idea. I'm guessing that anthropomorphized animals have always been a part of story telling all the way back to the first story, predating the invention of writing.

When I joined Retro Junk back in 2008 there was an excellent TV series on PBS that I fell in love with.It was called "Animalia", the computer animated children's series from Australia that had a nice twist in the plot. Like the "Land of the Lost", "Animalia" is a separate dimension, apart from our world, that two children stumble into only to discover that the ancient "computer" that maintains the dimensional bubble that Animalia occupies is about to crash, unless they can fix it.  

I'm glad to see that "Zootopia" has elements of several series going for it. I detect a lot of "Animalia", obviously. Nice to see no trace of humans in it to "rationalize" the movie's theme. But I'm drawn to the match up of a rookie bunny cop, not with a senior cop, but with a civilian! That makes Zootopia a buddy cop/non-cop movie.

Here's the trailer for "Animalia", and the entire series is posted on YouTube for anyone interested.

Quote Disable Sigs
Ajimbo
I saw Animalia, but I didn't like it as much the book.  The episode with Peter Applebottom was my favourite.  In my opinion, The Eleventh Hour should have been given a series.

Zootopia looks okay.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
The trailer that I've seen for it had everyone in the theater in stitches. I think it has the potential to be quite good, and to blow Pixar's last film out of the water.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
I loved Big Hero Six
Frozen was quite a disappointment.
Tangled had some very good moments.

I'm feeling good about this Zootopia. I think it'll be a hit.
Quote Disable Sigs

eddstarr
Vaporman87 wrote :

The trailer that I've seen for it had everyone in the theater in stitches. I think it has the potential to be quite good, and to blow Pixar's last film out of the water.

-end quote
Ghost man that is the funniest clip I've ever seen!!! The neighbors must think I've lost my mind I'm laughing so hard.

Guys, I think we have a winner here.
Quote Disable Sigs
HarryCanyon

Excellent movie, very well made and well written with smart idea in it with laughs.

Who else thinks Judy Hopps is sickengly sugarly cute?
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic Quote Disable Sigs

ThatDudeintheHoodie
This film was fantastic and I have been meaning to see it again. A friend of mine has seen it 12 times already. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
The Godfather parody was epic. One of the greatest films I've ever seen.
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: