You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro People & Events » Filmmakers
Mr Magic
We all have favorite movies, but let's give credit to those who helped make those movies a reality.

Which filmmakers wow you?

Martin Scorsese gets my vote.

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

massreality
If it's about "wow" factor, it's gotta be Spielberg hands down. I do enjoy films by Kevin Smith though, albeit not in a "wow" sorta way.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Favorites include The Coen Brothers, Spielberg, Dennis Dugan (when he and Sandler made FUNNY movies), Zemekis, Donner, Hughes (RIP), and others.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
echidna64
Spielberg
Kubrick
Alfred Hitchcock
Edgar Wright

Quote Disable Sigs
Jrs1991
John Carpenter
Joe Dante
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
John Woo has done some brilliant action movies like Face-Off, Broken Arrow and Windtalkers.

He also had an excellent collaboration with actor Yun-Fat Chow when they were doing Hong Kong films.

Quote Disable Sigs

Jrs1991
Since you mentioned face off i had to post this. It's hilarious, i've listened/watched this a ton of tomes over and over again.

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
I'm going with Cecil B. DeMille since he had a hand in so many memorable movies.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
John Hughes has made some movie magic as well. Too many great films to name, so little time.
Quote Disable Sigs

Poshy2005
Tony Scott with The Hunger and Top Gun.  Amazing shots and story telling.  Still sad he passed away.  His brother Ridley Scott with the Alien series and GI Jane.  Again just amazing story telling in general. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
We all know Rob Reiner as Michael "Meathead" Stivic from All in the Family...

...but as a movie director he's made some winning films. Do the names "Misery" and "Stand by Me" ring any bells?
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: