You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » ABC Family to Become Freeform
Rick Ace Rhodes
Did anyone else hear that ABC Family is changing it's name to "Freeform" at the beginning of 2016?

Quote Disable Sigs

*Insert funny signature here*

Mr Magic
Yes, I did. I feel the network name should've been changed years ago.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

vkimo
Wasn't it Fox Family before that? Either way some of the content really pushed the "Family" boundaries.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
What did their former show Greek have to do with the family genre? I never seen it, but I imagine it's about a bunch of partying fraternity kids.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
vkimo wrote :

Wasn't it Fox Family before that? Either way some of the content really pushed the "Family" boundaries.
-end quote
My thoughts exactly. The name change is way overdue.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Rick Ace Rhodes
thecrow174 wrote :

What did their former show Greek have to do with the family genre? I never seen it, but I imagine it's about a bunch of partying fraternity kids.
-end quote
I never saw it either, but I don't think it was completely about partying like Blue Mountain State was. I think it had a lot to do with the drama surrounding the college atmosphere.
Quote Disable Sigs
Caps 2.0
It reminds me of a line I once said: The network is called ABC Family. It's strange. I didn't know that kids were 14 years old when they were born.

That, of course, is a reference to how all their original programming has at least a TV-14 rating.
Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes
Caps 2.0 wrote :

It reminds me of a line I once said: The network is called ABC Family. It's strange. I didn't know that kids were 14 years old when they were born.

That, of course, is a reference to how all their original programming has at least a TV-14 rating.
-end quote
Yeah, I never really understood the whole "Family" part either. I mean in the early 2000's they had a lot of older syndicated sitcoms airing on the channel, but they no longer air any of that, except for Boy Meets World. Since the mid-2000's it seems like everything they do is geared towards teenagers and young adults.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
They kind of ruined their reputation as a family network when they aired Slacker Cats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacker_Cats
Quote Disable Sigs

vkimo
Caps 2.0 wrote :

-end quote
Well said. It seems to me like the kind of hopeless programming that adults who want to be friends with their children instead of parents would watch in hopes of spending time with their self absorbed dimwits.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Surprised it wasn't sooner.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: