You will
never be
forgotten.
Twin Peaks

RETRORATING: 9

Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » NickSplat
blueluigi

Who here has heard about The Splat. Those of you who does not know, The Splat is an 8 hour block of Classic Nickelodeon shows that's going to start airing on Teennick this Monday. Technically, it's more or less a rebrand of The 90s Are All That, which was dedicated to 90s Nick, but had only aired very few shows on their lineup, with a handful of others being included as special occasions. At first, when they started teasing, I had mixed feelings about it. A lot of people thought this was a 90s Nick channel, until they later revealed it was going to be an 8 hour block on Teennick. Then they released a list of what shows will be on there, which did make me think it was going to be a good start, as it sounds like it will be better than The 90s Are All That.

I've held off my excitement over the past month, but just today, they dropped a huge bomb of what's going to be shown next week, and that officially got me hyped. The first day is going to have The Adventures of Pete and Pete on the schedule as well as You Can't Do That on Television. The rest are Kenan and Kel, Doug, and Ren and Stimpy... most of which were already overplayed on The 90s Are All That, but Pete and Pete and YCDTOTV makes that first day alone worth watching.

Then, Nick and More posted a report on Twitter of what's going to be shown the rest of the first week. And my god, I did not expect this much diversity. Unlike The 90s Are All That... The Splat shows Nickelodeon shows from the 80s-early 2000s. The full list of shows that's going to be shown next week includes Pete and Pete, You Can't Do That on Television, Kenan and Kel, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Catdog, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Welcome Freshmen, Clarissa Explains it All, All That, Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, As Told By Ginger, The Wild Thornberrys, Aaaahh! Real Monsters, Roundhouse, GUTS, Figure it Out, and All Grown Up.

Of course, this is for the theme of the first week, where they're showing the first two episodes of select classic Nick shows. But I'm pretty impressed with the variety. I think if they keep up the momentum... we may actually see a full classic Nick channel being spawned from this.

Vaporman87
Wow. I have to concur... this could be a "test" of sorts to discover the viability of a Classic Nick channel. Nice.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Nostalgia overflow!!!

Maybe someday, I'll have TeenNick again. This would certainly be a good reason to have it.

I see the dream for a classic Nick channel is still alive.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
hopefully it'll be successful enough to get a separate channel.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
onipar
D*mn...I wish I still had cable.  :-(
Quote Disable Sigs
www.AnthonyJRapino.com
Rick Ace Rhodes
Unfortunately my campus doesn't offer TeenNick in our cable package. But then again I have most of the DVD's of the old nicktoons anyway.

Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Vaporman87
There was a website that streamed old Nick shows somewhere on the net. I think I even provided a link to it in one old thread here somewhere. Not sure where though. But that's obviously not the same as being able to watch it on a cable network channel.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
onipar
I really want there to be a complete Pete and Pete collection on Blu or DVD.  I think only the first 2 seasons were ever released.  
Quote Disable Sigs
www.AnthonyJRapino.com
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Vaporman87 wrote :

There was a website that streamed old Nick shows somewhere on the net. I think I even provided a link to it in one old thread here somewhere. Not sure where though. But that's obviously not the same as being able to watch it on a cable network channel.
-end quote

It's still around. 
Quote Disable Sigs
mickyarber
Does anyone remember the show they showed on Sunday afternoons in the early 90's called "15" or "Fifteen"?  It had a soap opera feel to it but with high school kids.  I used to watch that show every week.
Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
blueluigi
Well, today was the first day it started... and it's was awesome. The first two episodes of You Can't Do That on Television was shown tonight. The only other time I actually saw that on TV was during a 2004 anniversary airing.

The only complaint I currently have is how they said that The Adventures of Pete and Pete was supposed to air tonight. Well, they did show Pete and Pete... but only the shorts. Seems they still have some of the previous block's old habit of teasing the fans. That, and the fact that some shows come on 10 minutes after their scheduled to come on.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: