You will
never be
forgotten.
Retro Rooms Part Deux

RETRORATING: 15

Sleepovers

OFFICIAL

Forum » Chew The Fat » Wrestling fans, do you really want this?
Mr Magic
Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar Pt. II at Summerslam.

Sure, this would be a chance for 'Taker to even the score, since Brock gave him that one loss at Wrestlemania, but he should be considering retirement. He's already done it all in the pro wrestling business. And besides, I think fans were more distraught that the match ended so cheaply, rather than Undertaker's WM streak coming to an end.

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

comic_book_fan
nope
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
massreality
I didn't want it the first time it happened, and look how that turned out. It's time for The Undertaker to hang it up. We should have had Sting vs. Taker two years ago instead of Lesnar vs. Taker.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Yeah, but you know how it is.

WWE has gotten to where they're not about what fans want anymore. So much for doing what's best for business.
Quote Disable Sigs

massreality
I picked up the Best of WCW Nitro Vol 3 last week, and was just floored by how fun and interesting it was. Even the stuff from 1999-2000, which I found lame back in the day was a blast to watch. The characters were all different, the announcers actually expressed passion when calling the matches, and the crowd was just insane. It really showed me how far wrestling has fallen over the past 15-20 years. 

WWE is the Walmart of wrestling. Every show looks the same, all the "superstars" are the same, the referees don't have names so they are all the same, and its a shame. 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
The taller, bulkier wrestlers used to dominate. They used to let people know they meant business. Now they just get pushed around by the smaller guys.

Quote Disable Sigs

mickyarber
Don't need to see it.  Brock shouldnt be losing to anyone right now, but you know he will at Summerslam.

And for you wrestling fans, over at HowISpentMyChildhood.com, this tuesday night we debut a new feature called Retro Wrestling.  Via youtube videos we go back in time to when wrestling was a lot more enjoyable.  Since Summerslam is coming up, we feature one of my favorite moments in Summerslam history when The Honkytonk Man issues an open challenge for someone to wrestle him for the Intercontinental belt at SUmmerslam 88.  One of the most fun 5 minutes of my wrestling fandom right there!  We also pay a little homage to Roddy Piper and go through his feud with Adrian Adonis from late '86 when he destroys the set of the Flower Shop, then onto one of the best feuds of all time with a match between the Rock & Roll Express vs The Midnight Express.  The one of those moments when you're ashamed to admit you watch wrestling with the AWA's WrestleRock Rumble video.  But then we finish it off with a legendary Undertaker match where he and Mankind do battle in, and on top of, the Hell in a Cell!  You guys and gals be sure to check it out Tuesday night at 7:30 Eastern.

Also, we just posted Scott Keith's review of Saturday Night's Main Event #2.
Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
Mr Magic
Superstars like Randy Orton, Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin did a 5-minute promo video telling their thoughts about the rematch and rivalry between Lesnar and Undertaker. They make it sound like this match is going to be bigger than anything that's happened in wrestling.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/undertaker-vs-brock-lesnar-summerslam-special-video-promo-released-john-cena-steve-austin-642463

This CAN'T be their true feelings.
Quote Disable Sigs

massreality
I'm sure Vince required it as part of their contracts. I don't know how anyone could be excited after watching the first match. Lesnar messed the Undertaker up so bad with that concussion it was just terrible to watch. Not only did Lesnar make the Undertaker look old and weak, he actually physically hurt the man. I really don't want to see The Undertaker go out looking like an old man chump.
Quote Disable Sigs
comic_book_fan
wcw was the Superior wrestling product wwe won with  crazy stunts and gimmicks. 
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
mickyarber
comic_book_fan wrote :

wcw was the Superior wrestling product wwe won with  crazy stunts and gimmicks. 
-end quote
In the eighties and early to mid 90s, I vastly preferred NWA/WCW over the WWF.  Heck, back then I even preferred WCCW,  Continental, and Memphis over WWF.
Quote Disable Sigs
www.retroramblings.com
Go to page: