You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Berenstain Bears Alternate Universe
echidna64
Apparently, there is an uproar over the internet on the true spelling of the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears.

Berenstain Bears Conspiracy Theory

Many including myself, distinctly remember the "Berenstein Bears." Fans are scouring the internet and trying to dig up their old childhood books to put the conspiracy to rest.

What do you guys remember- is it Berenstein or Berenstain?  

Mr Magic
Okay, so I got the name figured out now. Time to move on with my life.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

PeZZ!
reminds me of the two slightly different versions of sword in the stone where in one the guy says to Merlin, "if you think you are going to mess with my schedule" and in the other version he says, "if you think that you are going to haggle with my schedule".
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I don't know that I ever had a concrete spelling locked in my brain, so this doesn't "rock my childhood". Still, it's hilarious to see such an uproar over the confusion.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
eddstarr
Are you kidding me? 

"A" versus "E", why not check this, "AuthorsStan BerenstainJan Berenstain".

Love the tricks memory can play on anyone.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
In the Berenstain Bears' alternate universe, Mama, Papa, Sister and Brother Bear have real names.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
In the Berenstain Bears' alternate universe, Two Ton is a 5 year old girl bear who wears glasses, and Papa Bear owns a chain of jewelry stores.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
comic_book_fan
i and everyone i know remembers them as the berenstein  bears
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
vkimo
Wouldn't this take like 2 minutes to solve? Check eBay for an old book and done. While I admit the true spelling seems strange it's probably because that's how we would spell it now, back when I was 5 I would hardly have noticed the spelling. 
Quote Disable Sigs
comic_book_fan
i don't think there is anything to the conspiracy theory but it's odd that so many people remember it this way in fact most people do  also there is the dilemna dilemma  but i found a website that explains this.
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
Vaporman87
In the Berenstain Bears alternate universe, Farmer Ben is the town drunk who likes hanging around outside the local diner, whistling at girls way too young for him, and Queenie is a goth chick who writes poetry about how pathetic life is.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: