never be
forgotten.
My Favorite Summer

CONTEST WINNER!

Sleepovers

OFFICIAL

Forum » Chew The Fat » Shameful Retro Confessions
massreality
After reading the post about the upcoming Goldbergs episode that is inspired by Risky Business, I realized that it was one of the very few major 80's films I've never seen. It got me to start thinking about all the things that might surprise people who love all things retro. Like...

I've never seen The Lost Boys or Flashdance. 

I hate Twin Peaks and Blade Runner.

Anyone got any surprising facts about their retro love?

Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
While we're confessing...

I too have never seen Risky Business. It just never appealed to me for whatever reason. I know it's required viewing for most retro enthusiasts, but what can I say?

However, mass, you should prepare to be burned at the stake for not liking Blade Runner. That's just sinful.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
onipar
I think I only "like" Twin Peaks because everyone says I should.  :-p

I didn't own an SNES until this past year.

Quote Disable Sigs
www.AnthonyJRapino.com
comic_book_fan
i never watched twin peaks i was more of an x-files american gothic guy myself  and have never saw bladerunner all the way through.
Quote Disable Sigs
'you think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some sh*t'
Mr Magic
I saw the original Assault on Precinct 13 for the first time just yesterday.

I'm ashamed that I missed out on a retro masterpiece.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Jrs1991
I've never watched any of the godfather movies yet. They're on a big list of movies i have to watch still.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
I've never seen:
X Files
Star Wars
The Godfather

There's plenty more, but those are the big ones I can think of off-hand.

Quote Disable Sigs
Linux_Sage
Hmm.. Well I've never owned or played on the Sega systems. Although I wouldn't call it shameful. I wasn't missing much. Nintendo had the best stuff during that time!
Quote Disable Sigs
Wir sprechen zu viel, aber wir sehen zu wenig.
Mr Magic
I never completed Super Mario Bros. 3, which has been called one of the best in the series.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

massreality
I've never completed the first Super Mario Bros. I can reach the castle easily, but for whatever reason, I always screw up before I get to Bowser. Stupid game has haunted me for twenty-five years now.
Quote Disable Sigs
massreality
Linux_Sage wrote :

Hmm.. Well I've never owned or played on the Sega systems. Although I wouldn't call it shameful. I wasn't missing much. Nintendo had the best stuff during that time!
-end quote
Sonic...
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: