You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Action movie stars
Mr Magic
Who are the butt-kickin', gum-wieldin' action stars that have you on the edge of your seat?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Well, Awwnold and Sly are still alive and kicking.

As far as today's action stars, it looks like Chris Pratt is fitting the mold. You could argue that Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson are as well. Jason Statham is another. Speaking of Chris Pratt and Jason Statham...

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Hahaha! Nice!
Quote Disable Sigs

massreality
The first two action stars that I really enjoyed watching were Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steve Seagal. I must have watched Kickboxer and Bloodsport a hundred times. I even remember turning it on to show some kids a scene at my birthday party. My dad quickly put a stop to that, and then explained why seven year olds aren't suppose to watch that type of violence. He was a bit hypocritical in that regard. 

As I got older, Arnold became my main man. I seeked out everything he ever did including the horrible Hercules in New York. I bought his workout books, had a poster, and all that good stuff. 

Then as I became and adult, I came to respect Stallone more than anyone else. His movies actually had substance, he could act, and while he has done a dud or two, he is my choice of vintage and current action star. Plus Demolition Man was amazing! Three seashells! 
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
massreality wrote :
Plus Demolition Man was amazing! Three seashells!
-end quote
Murder, Death, Kill... Murder, Death, Kill...
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Bruce Willis action movies have the most fun writing, but Jackie Chan's physical action is the most impressive. He does stuff that seems impossible. He looks like a video game TAS in real life.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
shakin steak wrote :

He does stuff that seems impossible. He looks like a video game TAS in real life.
-end quote
Jackie's action was truly amazing. I think it's become a bit less impressive with all the parkour and trick videos that are out there now... people doing amazingly cool feats... but still, for a movie star, you can't top his stuff.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Jackie has some remarkable talent. I think Mr. Nice Guy's his best film.
Quote Disable Sigs

Mr Magic
Danny Trejo would've been a perfect addition to the Expendables.

Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
thecrow174 wrote :

Danny Trejo would've been a perfect addition to the Expendables.
-end quote
Yeah, I could see him easily fitting into an Expendables role.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Or they could at least make him a bad guy. Either way, he would still be right for a part in an Expendables movies.

Call me crazy, but the Resident Evil movies don't look as bad as people make them to be. Milla Jovovich is as talented as she is beautiful. She's a pretty amazing action star in my book. What man would dare mess with her lol?

Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: