You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » Movies that NEED a sequel
Vaporman87
Today I rewatched The Iron Giant with the wife and kids, and come to the realization that Brad Bird needs to push for a sequel to be made of that movie. It's a classic from the late 90's and a really great film. I would like to see the Giant have to face off against his clearly antagonistic alien creators and some of their other creations. Perhaps have it take place in the 80's with Hogarth having his own family.

What say you? Any movies you think NEED a sequel and has yet to get one?

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

vkimo
I honestly feel no movie should ever have a sequel unless it needs to because it's such a long story (i.e Lord of The Rings)

If the movie leaves us guessing, great, it lives on in our heads. If it's resolved, then it did it's job and presented the whole picture.

That's just how I feel though.
Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
Gonna have to agree with Stupendous Man on this one. Another Iron Giant movie is pretty tempting though..
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Mr Magic
The Aristocats.

Many Disney movies have gotten a sequel, but not The Aristocats.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

shakin steak
I often like sequels, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a movie that should and doesn't have one.
Quote Disable Sigs
echidna64
I've always wanted a TRUE sequel to the original Starship Troopers (1997), the direct to video POS cash-ins don't count. 

The first movie ends after a turning point in the war versus the arachnids (when they capture the brain bug) but "I would like to know more" on how the war progresses from there on.

I wanna see the mobile infantry "Kill them all!" 
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Pulp Fiction

Maybe we could find out what that gold light in the briefcase was.
Quote Disable Sigs

DebrisStorm
Dredd. Hellboy 3. I have a list.
Quote Disable Sigs
This is my signature.
massreality
Totally agree with Debris Storm regarding Dredd. Talk about a movie that deserved more.

I'm on the fence. I love so many movies that don't have sequels, but I'd be concerned that sequel would ruin my view of the first film. (Looking at you Matrix)

I guess in a way, I'd like to see where characters go in the future. Like I always wondered what happened to Cole Trickle and Rowdy Burns post Days of Thunder. I also have a deep love for the American Pie franchise, and I'd love to learn about the character's future, but I don't think another movie is a wise idea.

I guess the only other movie than Dredd, that I really wish had a sequel was Fanboys. I really wished they would have made a franchise out of that covering the prequel films.

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Commando

Quote Disable Sigs

jkatz
I think I remember hearing something about Dredd getting a kickstarter-funded sequel.

Am I the only one who kinda wants a Big Lebowski follow up? I like to imagine that nothing would change for the characters after all these years lol.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Go to page: