You will
never be
forgotten.
vkimo's Christmas Special

CONTEST WINNER!

Castles of Yesteryear

RETRORATING: 12

Forum » Chew The Fat » Harry Shearer is not voicing Mr. Burns and Ned Flanders from The Simpsons anymore!
Mr Magic
"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
don't forget principal skinner. I wonder how they'll handle a plot with homer no longer having to deal with the neighbor that he's known to make fun of. either way I don't have much to say, except that this could be the reason why fox suddenly ceased to release any more of the seasons on dvd.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Derk
At this point, I think they should just end the show. I realize they just signed on for two more seasons and I'd hate to see it go, but Harry Shearer is such a gigantic part of that show. I really don't see how they're going to work around this. I would imagine they'll get another voice actor and joke about how all of the characters sound different.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
That is a good chunk of side characters they just lost. End the show.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
Other voice actors will take over for him.

"Al Jean tells CNN Money that the characters Shearer portrays will not be 'killed off' but producers will turn to 'the most talented members of the voice over community.'

Of course, it won't be the same as having Harry around.
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
I don't know if they'll be able to successfully replace Harry. The few times in which they did use replacement voice actors sounded terrible. Lunchlady Doris and the temporary replacement for Maude Flanders are good examples of that.

Either way, it's going to be really interesting to see where The Simpsons ends up in a few years without Harry.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
It's kind of hard to imagine someone else saying Mr. Burns' catchphrase "Excellent" or that "Hi-diddly-ho" gibberish Ned always says lol.
Quote Disable Sigs

jkatz
I'm sure the characters will still sound the same. How hard can it be to find a guy who does a good Mr Burns impression?

If there's a sign the show is starting to overstay its welcome (only starting?) though, this is it. As the voice actors get older and older, the execs will ultimately have to make a choice between finally ending it or replacing the entire cast.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Mr Magic
Okay, false alarm.

He's coming back for seasons 27 and 28.
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
Wow. That turned around quickly.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
not sticking around for the 30th season?
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Go to page: