How I Remember Christmas

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Chew The Fat » Jem and the Holograms
Mr Magic
Yay or nay?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

shakin steak
Big fat nay. This looks terrible. It runs totally counter to the spirit of the cartoon.
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
age of ultron didn't really wow me, and this probably wouldn't either.
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Mr Magic
This would only work if it were animated.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

ThatDudeintheHoodie

Remember that this is a new incarnation meant for a new generation. Kind of like how there are so many new takes on Transformers, TMNT, MLP, G.I Joe and so on. They might not be the best. But they are there. Also when was the last time they have used Jem? Personally I've seen this sort of thing happen in a lot of "Rising Star" movies. So this movie doesn't have my interest. I'll watch spoiler reviews to save the money for something I will see in theaters....... Too bad I have to wait until 2017 to see it. But eh.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
I didn't watch this show when I was a kid, so take this as you will. But all my lady friends who did are looking at this with disappointment too.

When I talk about the spirit of the cartoon, it's Jem being a badass and having adventures. She made her own style with Synergy's help and it was kind of a superpower. This movie is nothing but a typical "fame from nothing" story with some extreme face makeup. And I'm sorry but where are the Misfits??

The new ninja turtle movies aren't really any worse than the old ones. The new MLP cartoon, while I haven't seen it I understand is way more awesome than the old one.
Quote Disable Sigs
Caps 2.0
I wrote an article about my ideas for a "Jem And The Holograms" movie in 2008 for RetroJunk. Here's the link: http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/1708/jem-and-the-hologramsthe-film

You can tell it was written in 2008, but basically, they went in a completely different direction than what I came up with. I don't know what to think about this, but in my heart of hearts, I don't know if I can be as enthusiastic for this as I was for the original series.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
shakin steak wrote :

I didn't watch this show when I was a kid, so take this as you will. But all my lady friends who did are looking at this with disappointment too.

When I talk about the spirit of the cartoon, it's Jem being a badass and having adventures. She made her own style with Synergy's help and it was kind of a superpower. This movie is nothing but a typical "fame from nothing" story with some extreme face makeup. And I'm sorry but where are the Misfits??

The new ninja turtle movies aren't really any worse than the old ones. The new MLP cartoon, while I haven't seen it I understand is way more awesome than the old one.
-end quote
I haven't seen the show myself. But at the same time this didn't interest me. I've seen so many people complain about it and what I posted is my usual defense when something like this pops up. I'm expecting them to put the misfits in at some point in the movie and they pull what I have now called the "Welcome to the Show" Scene or other wise known as the Battle of the bands cliche that makes up for the rest of the movie scene. But who knows.
Quote Disable Sigs
echidna64
So no actual holograms?

Weak sauce
Quote Disable Sigs
blueluigi
Agreed with ThatDudeintheHoodie here.

It's like I always say. If it isn't in your target audience, you shouldn't complain about it.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
blueluigi wrote :

Agreed with ThatDudeintheHoodie here.

It's like I always say. If it isn't in your target audience, you shouldn't complain about it.
-end quote
That's half right. There are exceptions to that. But that is a good point.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: