You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Fresh off the Boat
Mr Magic
Did anyone see this new series yet?

pikachulover said it's a comedy series about a boy growing up in Florida during the 90s.

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
I have watched both episodes and I enjoyed them. Not quite Goldberg level enjoyable, but still... it's pretty good.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
pikachulover
Some people said that it was the first 90s nostalgia show they saw, but Surviving Jack came out last year. I recommend watching that short lived series if you haven't seen it. All the titles of the episodes are 90s songs.

About Fresh off the Boat. I liked it! I grew up in a Chinese neighborhood for about 8 years. I'm not Asian though. I had neighbors like the family from the show for about 2-3 years growing up. I like Eddie; I was an outsider who liked rap music.

Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
The 90s kid in me likes it so far.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Derk
I've just caught up with the show, and yeah, I guess it's okay. It's basically The Goldbergs in the 90's and it's not as funny. I plan on sticking with it, though.
Quote Disable Sigs
jkatz
pikachulover wrote :

Some people said that it was the first 90s nostalgia show they saw

-end quote
Aren't all shows from the 90s technically "90s nostalgia shows"?
 I think it's kinda cool to have a sitcom about an Asian family. Definitely a rarity in the US.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
pikachulover
jkatz wrote :

pikachulover wrote :

Some people said that it was the first 90s nostalgia show they saw

-end quote
Aren't all shows from the 90s technically "90s nostalgia shows"?
 I think it's kinda cool to have a sitcom about an Asian family. Definitely a rarity in the US.
-end quote
I just meant a show from today set in the 1990s. As opposed as a show from the 90s set in the 90s.

The last show about an Asian family was All American Girl with Margaret Cho which was also shown on ABC.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
It's pretty good. It reminds me of Everybody Hates Chris, although certainly not as good (and few shows ever will be.) Also the narration was less prevalent in last night's episodes. I wonder if they're going to phase it out or cut it way back.

I still haven't seen The Goldbergs, lol. It's just not on at the right time for me.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
shakin steak wrote :
I still haven't seen The Goldbergs, lol. It's just not on at the right time for me.
-end quote
Just pick up season one on DVD when it hits stores.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Nah, TV shows are too ephemeral for me to own copies, except for a few very special things. I'd only watch it once.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
shakin steak wrote :

Nah, TV shows are too ephemeral for me to own copies, except for a few very special things. I'd only watch it once.
-end quote
Yeah, me too. There are only a few shows that I would actually watch the DVDs of multiple times. It's got to be a series that really appeals to me through nostalgia, or through replay value.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: