You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Chew The Fat » Last Movie You Watched
vkimo
In an effort to completely migrate from RetroJunk, let's start the "Last Movie You Watched" Thread.

However instead of simply posting a title, at least give a one or two sentence opinion of what you thought and a 1-5 rating system with .5 increments if necessary.

I'll begin.

12 Monkeys.
It was ok, the time travel flashbacks and ending were kind of neat but the future setting was too bizarre compared to the past most of the movie took place in. 2.5/5

Jrs1991
Clownhouse (1989)

10/10 Really great horror movie about a kid that's scared of clowns.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure:

Watched it again last night at a friends house. Still entertaining, and very creative. Something today's movies lack all too often.

3.5 /5.0
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Silvervix
I watched the Secret of NIMH for the first time... and I'm think I'm love with it.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Even though I'm cheating like a btard, this is still surprisingly hard" - Ross Scott.

Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about stuff. I'm always open to listening.
Jrs1991
Carbon Copy (1981)

9/10 really good, i liked it a lot.

then,

Club Dread (2004)

8/10 funny horror comedy
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Empire of the Ants - 1977 - This is a very good bad movie. The ants show up early and often. The special effects are as compelling as they are laughable. The acting is pretty bad and some of the plot was either lost or never written, but the non-stop action makes up for it. Caught on TV. 3/5

American Beauty - 1999 - I feel like this selfish midlife crisis fantasy is acclaimed purely on the strength of its actors. Kevin Spacey's dialog is fun, and Annette Bening's hateful shrew motivates it well. Yet the story mostly rings hollow, with the emotional and mental depth of the teenagers (except Mena Suvari's climactic revelation) providing more realism than anything else. I first saw it in the theater. Mrs steak picked it out on Netflix. 4/5

Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
shakin steak wrote :

Empire of the Ants - 1977 - This is a very good bad movie. The ants show up early and often. The special effects are as compelling as they are laughable. The acting is pretty bad and some of the plot was either lost or never written, but the non-stop action makes up for it. Caught on TV. 3/5
-end quote
Sounds like RetroDaze Theater fodder to me.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
TOTALLY
Quote Disable Sigs
pikachulover
UHF (1989)

5/5 A great movie starring Weird Al Yankovic
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
pikachulover wrote :

UHF (1989)
5/5 A great movie starring Weird Al Yankovic
-end quote
One of the overlooked gems from one of the greatest years for movies.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
vkimo
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

One of favorites since childhood. The settings are a treat to look at and the quirky, secluded caves really spark the imagination. 4/5
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: