never be
forgotten.
Bah Humbug!

RETRORATING: 11

Operation Santa

RETRORATING: 11

Forum » Chew The Fat » Your next PC will be a Spy
eddstarr

Last month, Microsoft revealed the future of computing with Microsoft Recall.

Recall will screenshot everything, then "curate" the data for searchability.

Sooo . . . is MS Recall for real - or has it been cancelled? 

eddstarr

The reveal of MS Recall seems to have caught some developers by surprise. It's no secret that Microsoft needs users to buy new computers with the newest versions of Windows installed. 

MS Recall seems to be a rushed A.I. application that has inadequate security protocols. The real alarm is that Recall can curate all your new online activity - but it can access Everything You Have Ever Done on your PC from the past!

Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime

If y'all need me, I'll be in my time machine with my old eMachines PC.

Quote Disable Sigs
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@benny.bros./featured
eddstarr

Talk about a wake-up call,

I'm so focused on pc's that I didn't include handheld devices. Every tech device has your personal data ready to be accessed by every application upgrade imaginable.

Introducing: Apple Intelligence. (A.I. for the Rest of Us)

Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime

Honestly it's sad that so many corporations are just going with A.I. now. Even YouTube with how popular it's been as a video sharing site, has A.I. bots now that will look at videos all around the site and will take down videos that they think go against the guidelines when they don't. I'm just waiting for the T-1000s to pop up anytime now.

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr
Benjanime wrote :

Honestly it's sad that so many corporations are just going with A.I. now. Even YouTube with how popular it's been as a video sharing site, has A.I. bots now that will look at videos all around the site and will take down videos that they think go against the guidelines when they don't. I'm just waiting for the T-1000s to pop up anytime now.

-end quote

Ben, your timing is amazing!

The leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives sent a reminder to YouTube (Google), that pressure is building from mainstream media and entertainment studios for Congress to step-in and force strict publishing guidelines for YouTube's online content creators.

Google has signaled for time to install "additional measures" to crack down on free-speaking YouTube channels!

Kinda makes you wonder what "additional measures" Google has in mind.

Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime

I stumbled upon a YouTube competitor website called Odysee that gives you more freedom to upload videos that use copyrighted music, I've been using that for the past year and it's been alright. The only downside is that the site uses digital currency to be able to upload more videos. To earn that currency you have to watch videos that other people upload on there. I've gotten used to it for the sake of being able to upload without copyright strikes happening like on YouTube though, and it's almost like the YouTube that I remember, before Google got in the way of messing everything up.

Quote Disable Sigs
eddstarr

There are so many platforms available online, yet they all have issues that content creators must deal with. At great personal expense, my friend Dave Cullen has extended his content across multiple platforms. Dave's battles with YouTube are on-going, and he's ready if they ever pull the plug on him.

Quote Disable Sigs